Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 18-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #11
JoeyJoeJo
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetri View Post
Are the 3 inch pads big enough as the puck is just over 3 inches

Cheers
I found them perfect, the control was great, I didn't have to tape off anything.

JoeyJoeJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyJoeJo For This Useful Post:
Demetri (18-02-2018)
Old 18-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #12
Demetri
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,708 Times in 2,490 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJo View Post
I found them perfect, the control was great, I didn't have to tape off anything.

Thanks buddy

Was that the pad that you got with it?
Demetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #13
JoeyJoeJo

No, that's a 3 inch Scholl finishing pad and the one in the original post is the Scholl 3 inch black waffle, both came from In2Detailing, I'll be getting more of the waffles, will be perfect for wax I reckon.
Demetri (18-02-2018)
Old 19-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #14
JoeyJoeJo

Hhmm, beading not the best

Will try and give it a hose down later and apply some of the Argon on top, see if that peps it up.
Shine still great but I love me some beads!
Old 19-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #15
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Shine still great but I love me some beads!
Hehe I hear you, no matter how shiny I couldn't live with an LSP that beaded like that.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 09:51 PM   #16
Demetri
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,708 Times in 2,490 Posts
Garage
I'm sure that the beading can be sorted.

The product seems to be very good, this is the kind of feedback that they will need to make a better product
Demetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #17
JoeyJoeJo

Water behaviour vid, irregular flat beads but sheets well.

Will post feedback in the AM section.
Old 20-02-2018, 04:42 PM   #18
Alien Magic
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Saw some Alien Magic stuff on instagram a few weeks ago and then they popped up as new sponsors on here with some great deals so got the external kit from them.

With a break in the weather, it was an ideal opportunity to give it a workout.

Starting from pretty grubby with the only hint of lsp being some wowo's qd that's about 6 weeks old:

And coincidentally, I was the victim of bird sh.. shrapnel this morning that covered the car in white marks.

So first up was Pure Magic citrus prewash. Instructions said to rinse of loose debris and apply and rinse again, so that's what I did, I forgot to take after pics at this stage but the product and a pw rinse was pretty effective from what I could see.

I think next time, if the car wasn't too bad, I'd skip the rinses here, spray the Pure Magic while setting up the pw, save a couple of rinses, some water and electricity for the planet.

Surge snow foam was next. Instructions say use 100ml per car. I usually put 200ml of foam in a 1 litre bottle, topped up and use about half of it, so in line with my normal usage. Got interesting here as I only used about a third of the litre and the car was well covered, about 70ml used for me.
The foam itself I found a bit unusual, not bad, good unusual. It's not the thickest foam going on, nothing like shaving cream, it seemed quite runny in fact but was unusual was the way it stuck around. I was expecting it to run off but even after 10+ mins, it was still there slowly running off.
I've never seen that consistency of foam cling as long as that.

Next up was Bling shampoo. Super sudsy, great smell and was good for slickness. When I was packing up, I saw I'd barely used any from the bottle but that just show's how well it dilutes. I'd maybe add a bit more next time.

After the wash, it was dried with the In2detailing drinker on the big panels and Gyeon silk for mopping up and it's starting to get the shiny back.

Quick poly bag test and decided claying wasn't warranted so on to Resurrection - their pre wax cleanser polish offering.

A few drops on a Scholl black waffle finishing pad (side note - 3 inch pads on Aliexpress pucks are a game changer, for me anyway).

Turns out, I LOVE this polish, applied by hand, goes for miles, effortless removal, leaves this.....
(underlying paint dependant obvs)

All those just paint, no lsp. I can see this being a great addition to many collections for the deep clean, without full correction, scenarios.

Ultra wet wax next. This is a nice thick consistency with a scent I couldn't place that was very pleasant. Initially went for the same application method with a 3 inch finishing pad. Product spreads really well and a little goes a long way but on the removal I have to admit I struggled a bit.
Instructions say to apply with applicator or mf, wait 30-45 seconds and then buff. I started with a plush my but that was very grabby, so went to a shorter pile and that was better but was buffing forever. I thought maybe I'd used too much so tried different applicators and amounts but each panel had the same issues. It may have been the weather as well as it was starting to cool down but I found what worked best for me was applying with a damp finishing pad (by damp I mean sprayed and wrung out, so almost dry) then a swipe with a short pile cloth and a buff with a plush.

I will experiment more with the Ultra and if I'd had time, I might have given a final spritz with their Argon (Refresh, shine & protect in one) to see if that helped. Might try that tomorrow in fact.

But having said all that, I did get it done and I was VERY impressed with the finish of the Ultra.

Bottom line - I think the results speak for themselves, I'll be looking to get more from the range and would recommend checking them out if you haven't.
Hi JoeyJoeJo,

Thank you for the great review you did and outstanding pictures, we always appreciate honest feedback and you've highlighted an issue which we take seriously and will endeavour to ensure is not repeated.

You'll notice i have provided an explanation for your problems on the other thread you replied to Ultra Vs Argon http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=403042 with a solution to ensure it is not repeated.
Alien Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 04:26 PM   #19
JoeyJoeJo

With some revised guidance on application and curing of the Ultra from Adrian at AM, I was back at it today.

Car was 2BM washed with G3 Body Prep, dried and wiped down with BH Cleanser Fluid.

Ultra applied with a dry finishing pad and left to cure longer than the previous, I'd say in the 5 to 6 min range as I was juggling some work stuff at the same time.
The removal was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than it was at the weekend, it still likes a short pile vs a plush but initial removal was definitely easier. There were a couple of stubborn areas (more of that in a min) but I get the impression that there will be a sweet spot for removal that me messing about in a lunchtime in 5 deg temps didn't find.

You can just about make out a little bit of streaky finish here, almost impossible to see but would catch the light occasionally. This is after a light buff with a short MF.

So I thought Id' see if the Argon could help me out and again came away very impressed. I ended up taking a plush, giving it a spray of Argon, giving a light buff with that, flipping the plush and final buff.

This gave a flawless finish, all the removal issues gone and a brilliant finish left.

I don't know if this is absolutely the best way to work it but it was very easy and the results, again, speak for themselves. Very little Argon was actually used as you can see from the pic but I'm very much looking forward to trying this after a routine wash.

And after a quick water test, I am also very optimistic for future beading

TLDR - Any reservations about Ultra are gone, all the products seem to work well together, results are fantastic, customer service spot on, worth checking out.
Alien Magic (21-02-2018)
Old 21-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #20
Alien Magic
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
With some revised guidance on application and curing of the Ultra from Adrian at AM, I was back at it today.

Car was 2BM washed with G3 Body Prep, dried and wiped down with BH Cleanser Fluid.

Ultra applied with a dry finishing pad and left to cure longer than the previous, I'd say in the 5 to 6 min range as I was juggling some work stuff at the same time.

The removal was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than it was at the weekend, it still likes a short pile vs a plush but initial removal was definitely easier. There were a couple of stubborn areas (more of that in a min) but I get the impression that there will be a sweet spot for removal that me messing about in a lunchtime in 5 deg temps didn't find.

You can just about make out a little bit of streaky finish here, almost impossible to see but would catch the light occasionally. This is after a light buff with a short MF.

So I thought Id' see if the Argon could help me out and again came away very impressed. I ended up taking a plush, giving it a spray of Argon, giving a light buff with that, flipping the plush and final buff.

This gave a flawless finish, all the removal issues gone and a brilliant finish left.

I don't know if this is absolutely the best way to work it but it was very easy and the results, again, speak for themselves. Very little Argon was actually used as you can see from the pic but I'm very much looking forward to trying this after a routine wash.

And after a quick water test, I am also very optimistic for future beading

TLDR - Any reservations about Ultra are gone, all the products seem to work well together, results are fantastic, customer service spot on, worth checking out.

Amazing difference mate, I'm really happy you were able to clean and reapply ultra so soon. Argon is our signature final stage spray wax which compliments and enhances any final stage protection.

Thank you for another great write up and pictures, the video was the icing on the cake that beading was perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alien Magic is offline   Reply With Quote