Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > DetailedOnline
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Location: Hiding all the Black Friday / Christmas detailing stuff bought :)
Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,649 Posts
DetailedOnline Glass Cleaner review...

Slightly off the wall review DetailedOnline glass cleaner as weather has been rubbish and not really stopped raining.

Was sent some glass cleaner to review, which Iím looking forward to trying out on my windscreen as itís picked up grease and the likes over the past week, with the bad weather weíve had, so will be a good try to see how strong / powerful the glass cleaner is, but thatíll have to wait for a short while...

So, thought Iíd have a play and try different methods of using it on an internal glass goor we have and see what the results were like on finger marked glass

The actual product is a nice deep blue in a good substantial bottle, pleasant glass cleaner smell, came with a single finger trigger, which whilst I found this was great for small panes of glass, I feel could be a bit less effective / not give as good a spray on a windscreen for example, so will also try another spray head I already have when I try on car. Saying that, the spray head worked very well, with no drips / dribbles etc, which I have experienced previously with these heads

Instructions are clear and concise - spray on, use a micro fibre cloth to spread and clean off / buff up with a clean cloth - as with their other products, for me, the instructions are a little on small size to read easily.

As I had 6 glass panels to go at, thought Iíd have an experiment on best / easiest way to use, following the instructions and slightly altering the way - as we know, we tend to not always read instructions or do as we have for a while

So, applied as per instructions to the letter.
Applied and left for a few seconds before spreading.
Applied, spread but left for a while before cleaning / buffing
Applied to 1 panel and came back to it at the end of the trial to spread / buff off.

Results - didnít matter which way I did it, got nice and clean glass, removed the greasy finger marks well, but there was a difference in how easy it was to get to the end result.

Obviously, doing it to the letter of the instructions worked very well and the product was easy and pleasant to use, what I did find was it didnít matter whether you spread straight away or came back to it and then spread it, but what did matter was how long between the spreading of the product and buffing it off was, as I found it much easier (and possibly better) to spread and buff off virtually straight away.

I did both sides of the glass panels and repeating the process of trial applications gave same results - I wanted to make sure the differences Iíd experienced wasnít because some panels were cleaner or dirtier / greasier than others...

As said, the small 1 finger trigger worked very well for this test, will be testing out on windscreen and use this trigger and a different one I have. Will update this thread when Iíve been able to do it.

Thanks for reading
A
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (11-11-2018), DetailedOnline (11-11-2018), LostVulpine (11-11-2018), rojer386 (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
DetailedOnline
Dw Sponsor

Thanks for the review Andy! The glass panels look spanking

As you say, everyone has their own preferred methods of application and it's great to see you experimented and found the method that works best for you

We're currently in the process of updating our spray triggers on all our exterior products including the glass cleaner to bigger 28mm triggers for easier application for larger areas/panels while keeping the smaller finger triggers for our interior and air freshener range.
Andyblue (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
rojer386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Slightly off the wall review DetailedOnline glass cleaner as weather has been rubbish and not really stopped raining.

Was sent some glass cleaner to review, which Iím looking forward to trying out on my windscreen as itís picked up grease and the likes over the past week, with the bad weather weíve had, so will be a good try to see how strong / powerful the glass cleaner is, but thatíll have to wait for a short while...

So, thought Iíd have a play and try different methods of using it on an internal glass goor we have and see what the results were like on finger marked glass

The actual product is a nice deep blue in a good substantial bottle, pleasant glass cleaner smell, came with a single finger trigger, which whilst I found this was great for small panes of glass, I feel could be a bit less effective / not give as good a spray on a windscreen for example, so will also try another spray head I already have when I try on car. Saying that, the spray head worked very well, with no drips / dribbles etc, which I have experienced previously with these heads

Instructions are clear and concise - spray on, use a micro fibre cloth to spread and clean off / buff up with a clean cloth - as with their other products, for me, the instructions are a little on small size to read easily.

As I had 6 glass panels to go at, thought Iíd have an experiment on best / easiest way to use, following the instructions and slightly altering the way - as we know, we tend to not always read instructions or do as we have for a while

So, applied as per instructions to the letter.
Applied and left for a few seconds before spreading.
Applied, spread but left for a while before cleaning / buffing
Applied to 1 panel and came back to it at the end of the trial to spread / buff off.

Results - didnít matter which way I did it, got nice and clean glass, removed the greasy finger marks well, but there was a difference in how easy it was to get to the end result.

Obviously, doing it to the letter of the instructions worked very well and the product was easy and pleasant to use, what I did find was it didnít matter whether you spread straight away or came back to it and then spread it, but what did matter was how long between the spreading of the product and buffing it off was, as I found it much easier (and possibly better) to spread and buff off virtually straight away.

I did both sides of the glass panels and repeating the process of trial applications gave same results - I wanted to make sure the differences Iíd experienced wasnít because some panels were cleaner or dirtier / greasier than others...

As said, the small 1 finger trigger worked very well for this test, will be testing out on windscreen and use this trigger and a different one I have. Will update this thread when Iíve been able to do it.

Thanks for reading
A
Great review Andy and thinking outside the box a little given the p!ss poor weather we are having just now.
rojer386 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rojer386 For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #4
Andyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailedOnline View Post
Thanks for the review Andy! The glass panels look spanking

As you say, everyone has their own preferred methods of application and it's great to see you experimented and found the method that works best for you

We're currently in the process of updating our spray triggers on all our exterior products including the glass cleaner to bigger 28mm triggers for easier application for larger areas/panels while keeping the smaller finger triggers for our interior and air freshener range.

Cheers, wanted to get a review up and the weather wasnít playing ball

Good to know about the spray trigger updates youíre doing, yes, Iíd agree the single finger trigger would be good for the interior detainees, air fresheners etc
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
DetailedOnline (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
Andyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojer386 View Post
Great review Andy and thinking outside the box a little given the p!ss poor weather we are having just now.

Cheers mate, appreciated and yes, wanted to try it out and weather wasnít playing ball....
rojer386 (11-11-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #6
Andyblue

DetailedOnline Glass Cleaner review...

Quick update - managed to use at lunch time today on windscreen.

As before, was easy to apply - sprayed on liberally, wiper over and buffed straight off.

No issues cleaning it off, no smearing visible and definitely lifted the grease off, left with a nice clean windscreen.

Very pleased with how easy it is to use and the cleaning power Iíve seen so far and think with the new trigger DetailedOnline are planning, will be excellent.

Also sprayed some on paper towel and wiped the blades.

Weather forecast says going to rain over next day, so be good to see the difference it made

Last edited by Andyblue; 12-11-2018 at 04:57 PM.
DetailedOnline (12-11-2018)