Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > DetailedOnline
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #1
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Location: Hiding all the Black Friday / Christmas detailing stuff bought :)
Thanked 1,888 Times in 1,656 Posts
DetailedOnline Nano Sealant review

Review on DetailedOnline Nano Sealant spray.

Review part 2 - please see post 6

Was sent a large 1L bottle of Nano Sealant to try, took the chance to use it this afternoon, whilst had a break in the weather from the rain, grabbed my next door neighbours daughters white Polo to use (also got the opportunity to use / review their iron fallout remover), her car was filthy and had no protection left on it, so thought this would be a perfect test bed to try the product out.

The actual product is a clear liquid, in what I think is referred to as a pro bottle ? With a good multi finger trigger.

Instructions are clear and concise - surprised you can use this as a spray on / rinse off on a wet car or as a wipe on / wipe off on a dry car...

Iíve never used a product like this, so was very keen to try it out and also to see if 1) does it actually work / make a difference and 2) how long does it last, which I think as my test car had no protection left on it, was going to be a challenge for it with no where to hide.

As said, Iíve not used a product like this previously, so made sure I read instructions and wanted to apply to a wet car - my thoughts are this type of product is something Iíd use in the winter time to top up existing protection or add something to a car that doesnít have anything / much, especially if itís cold and youíve not the inclination or time to apply a sealant by hand.

Car was very dirty, not been cleaned for a long while and definitely in need of some love and attention to it.

Went round with my usual pre wash (unfortunately wasnít able to get the pressure washer out to try their snow foam out), left for a couple of minutes and rinsed away - very impressed with how effective it was, could probably have done with leaving a bit longer, but I was unsure if the weather was going to turn again

Gave her car a good wash after using the fallout remover, and then rinsed off to a nice clean car. So got the Nano Sealant ready and away we went.

Instructions say, spray onto wet car and rinse straight off, do not let dry - as said, never used something like this previously, so was unsure how much to apply. A good couple of sprays per panel seemed to work well, with 3-4 for the roof / bonnet.

Photo below is after washing and rinsing (before applying product) and the panel is wet through, but as you can see no beading at all.

And following applying the Nano Sealant and rinsing...

Result it worked as you can see, must say I was amazed at the difference it made, no not tight round small beads, but please remember, this car had nothing left on it, was as flat as a pancake, so was very pleased with what it did.

I also found it brilliant on the (quite a lot) black plastic thatís on the car. Not sure Iíd use this in summer periods, as Iíd be concerned over the product drying and am unsure what issues that would leave, but can definitely see me using this in the cooler / colder times.

I seem to remember reading that this product doesnít add gloss - hmm certainly seemed to add something to her car (either that or I did a really good clean ) as it was looking glossy.

Going to keep an eye on her car and will update regards longevity.

Thanks for reading
A

Last edited by Andyblue; 18-11-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
CharliesTTS (12-11-2018), Demetri (24-11-2018), DetailedOnline (11-11-2018), LostVulpine (11-11-2018), rojer386 (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 09:22 PM   #2
rojer386

Good review Andy. I'm hoping to give this a go one night after work this week but I'll rinse off using a pressure washer and see if it makes any difference to the finish it leaves.
rojer386 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rojer386 For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (12-11-2018), DetailedOnline (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 10:08 PM   #3
DetailedOnline
Dw Sponsor

Thanks for the review again Andy.

You can be quite liberal with the Nano Sealant and give the panels a full coating, especially when applying using the wet method. We sometimes hit it with a second coat on bare paint to give it a proper coating and boost in protection. It's good to see the results you achieved with just a light coating

The Nano will give a gloss boost but not as much as a dedicated gloss booster/detailer, like our Sio2 gloss detailer for example.

It'll be great to see the updates on this as the polo seems to be the perfect test bed to gauge durability
Andyblue (12-11-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
Andyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojer386 View Post
Good review Andy. I'm hoping to give this a go one night after work this week but I'll rinse off using a pressure washer and see if it makes any difference to the finish it leaves.

Cheers mate, appreciated - yes will be good to see if any difference
Old 12-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
Andyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailedOnline View Post
Thanks for the review again Andy.

You can be quite liberal with the Nano Sealant and give the panels a full coating, especially when applying using the wet method. We sometimes hit it with a second coat on bare paint to give it a proper coating and boost in protection. It's good to see the results you achieved with just a light coating

The Nano will give a gloss boost but not as much as a dedicated gloss booster/detailer, like our Sio2 gloss detailer for example.

It'll be great to see the updates on this as the polo seems to be the perfect test bed to gauge durability

Thanks mate, thanks for the feedback - good to know you can use more than I did, I did get a good coverage on the panels and you could really see the difference straight away.

Thanks for clarifying re gloss - as it certainly looked like it did

Yes, thought this was a perfect test bed for the product and can definitely say, it made a difference
Old 18-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #6
Andyblue

Review part 2...

Following on from DetailedOnline advice about being able to douse the car in the spray, wanted to check how it was performing after a week, was it still lasting and what, if any difference had it made to cleaning the car...

To recap, neighbours daughters car was borrowed to trial this sealant, as the car had no protection left on it, was as flat as a pancake, with no water behaviour and little gloss (if any) to it.

Borrowed her car again this mor, was good to see the moisture over night was beading, quick rinse over to take a shot, before I started again - still beading the water pretty much as was last week ...

Used their lava snow foam, followed by their elite shampoo to clean the car (see my other reviews). What I did find today, was it was much slicker to wash the car than last week, I found it easier to clean and the was no where near as much grabbing when cleaning it, so the sealant (even though I hadnít used a lot last time) was defiantly addling to the paintwork

Pressure washed off and evidence of beading from last weeks application still present - pleased as Iíd not applied much and it hasnít been washed away

Reapplied the Nano Sealant today - following advice, doused the paintwork in it today. Immediately noticed an improvement to the water behaviour, rinsed off and very good beading present now - much improved over my first attempt with this.

Dried off (no additional drying aids used) - what a difference, the paint work felt so smooth and my drying towel glided over it so well, was left with very nice feeling paint and it had added a really nice gloss...

As said in initial review, this is the first time Iíve used a product like this, was pleased with results from last week, but unsure if itís something Iíd buy again. Having used it again and probably properly today, I can definitely see the benefits, especially at this time year

Only thing Iím unsure of, is I think itís killed my drying towel - I used it last week to dry the car following my initial review and I did notice that it was leaving fluff / lint slightly on the glass etc today (and more noticeable on wifeís dark coloured car) whereas Iíve never had an issue previously with my towel.
Not a major issue as Iíll keep this towel for when I use this product, but maybe something to consider for others...

Thanks again to DetailedOnline for asking for a review on this and thanks for reading
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
dazzyb (18-11-2018), rojer386 (18-11-2018)
Old 18-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #7
rojer386

Good update Andy.

I think using a pressure washer may aid in the finished result (I could be wrong) as I used this today and the beading I got was much more prominent when rinsed off.

I will be posting my review and limited photos shortly.
rojer386 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rojer386 For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (18-11-2018)
Old 18-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #8
DetailedOnline
Dw Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Thanks again to DetailedOnline for asking for a review on this and thanks for reading
Thanks again for the Update Andy

The beading is looking good and there definitely seems to be a decent amount of gloss added to the finish.
Andyblue (18-11-2018)
Old 18-11-2018, 09:21 PM   #9
Andyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojer386 View Post
Good update Andy.

I think using a pressure washer may aid in the finished result (I could be wrong) as I used this today and the beading I got was much more prominent when rinsed off.

I will be posting my review and limited photos shortly.

Cheers mate, appreciated

Certainly noticed a big difference today with the feel of the paintwork when drying it. Really pleased with the results

Look forward to your thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
rojer386 (18-11-2018)
Old 18-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #10
Andyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailedOnline View Post
Thanks again for the Update Andy

The beading is looking good and there definitely seems to be a decent amount of gloss added to the finish.

No problem mate, glad to help.

Yes, having doused the car in it, certainly significant improvement in the beading and Iím genuinely surprised and pleased with the difference in gloss/ finish to the car

Before I did anything last week...

And after todayís 2nd use...

Neighbour couldnít believe the difference Iíd made in such a short time
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
DetailedOnline (18-11-2018)