Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Gtechniq
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gtechniq Gtechniq was founded by quantum physicist Drew Gill in 2001, out of a total dissatisfaction with the performance of paint protection products at the time. Everything from waxes, to new-fangled polymers and PTFE based miracle treatments, nothing on the market offered any meaningful durability, either in looks, or protection. Worse still, he found that most of the products actually performed poorer than the paints they were supposed to protect. From this discontent came a simple idea, ‘To engineer the world’s most beautiful, perfectly finished, smartest and most intelligent surfaces. Surfaces that do much more than simply look great when new.’

View Poll Results: What would you use on a chrome vinyl ?
Crystal Serum Light + EXO 5 83.33%
C1 + EXO 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
AcN
PC Perfectionist

CSL or C1 (both with EXO topping) on Avery Chrome vinyl

Hi DW and Rob !

I've got a quick question since I'm currently having my van for my next company wrapped up with some Avery blue chrome vinyl : what would be best in that case : CSL or C1 ?

I'd personnally go for the CSL but would like to hear from Gtechniq there

Note that I don't really mind about the price, I just want something to protect the wrap from scratches and stone chips (tear) as the roll itself did cost nearly 3k€ lol. We're not even talking about the vinyl itself which is a nightmare to use according to the bunch of the country's top installers (they've been at it for the last 10 days and it's still not over yet).

Side note : the wrap has a life expectancy of 3 years on vertical panels (meaning even less on horizontal), so any of the 2 coatings will outlast it anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5669.jpg (92.6 KB, 24 views)
AcN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2016, 12:05 PM   #2
AcN
PC Perfectionist

I got an e-mail reply from Rob, and I'm going the CSL + C0v2 way. Will post updates to let ou know how it reacts + long term updates.
Old 19-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
richard_h
Sponge Jockey

Is the new EXOv3 out next month, Would that be any better if you can wait ??

Richard
richard_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #4
AcN
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_h View Post
Is the new EXOv3 out next month, Would that be any better if you can wait ??

Richard
As much as I would love to, unless Rob throws in a surprise Exo v3 so I can do a long term 50/50 between Exo v3 and c0v2 on the most fragile vinyl ever, I can't really wait as my company is starting on January 2nd. I'll try it for sure on the next batch of vans (we kinda plan to have over 50 of them in 14 months so... )

P.S. : I highly doubt I'd get a Christmas Exo v3 as my order has been collected by FedEx 15 minutes ago
Old 20-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #5
richard_h
Sponge Jockey

Well, I am sure it will be out and ready for the next order.

Been waiting to do it as the older one with water spots problem put off doing it, Be glad when I can do it but it going to need to be a bit warmer as my garage is not heated.

the COv2 is still a very good finishing top coat and was my other option but wanted to see the Exo v3 details and I am sure some will have put it on before I get around to it

Richard
richard_h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chrome, csl, gtechniq, gtechniq c1, vinyl