Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

View Poll Results: Zymol Glasur or Swissvax Shield?
Shield 10 30.30%
Glasur 23 69.70%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Johnuk
Unwashed Member

Swissvax Shield or Zymol Glasur

Hi all, long time stalker on this forum. First time poster

So after spending countless hours on this forum and countless£££ on products, ive decided that im going to cut down my excessive wax collection and go for one nice LSP. So far i have 10 or so pots of wax ranging from £10-30 in my collection however none of them feel special enough and rather that buy another cheaper pot which i know i wont be happy with for long (then i will be wanting to try something different again), ive decided to go for one nice pot!

My two main choices are Zymol Glasur and Swissvax shield. The wax of choice will be sitting on a coat of PB black hole so needs to play nice. Im interested to know which one people would choose.

Im so torn. From what i understand they are both equally durable (which is important as i will be using the wax all year round). The main thing that tempts me to the Zymol is that its cheaper and a larger pot (not to mention the amazing reviews it gets). However ive read that Shield has better sheeting and ive heard good things about the PTFE which is in theory all good.

Also on a side note, does anyone know where to order glasur from? Cant find anyone who stocks it..

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Johnuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Guitarjon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Having a similar problem myself. For a while I'd wanted to own a pot of glasur then forgot all about it. Then I started looking at swiss vax and still haven't made my mind up after being reminded about glasur again.
Guitarjon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guitarjon For This Useful Post:
Johnuk (15-09-2013)
Old 15-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
Guitarjon

One thing I worry about shield is that it wouldn't nesseserily look as good as glasur being a more durability orientated wax although I may be wrong.
Guitarjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Zolasbackheel

I have just swapped a few bits to get a pot of glasur and cannot wait.

Can be bought here http://www.monzacarcare.com/products...id=1474&start=
Zolasbackheel is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zolasbackheel For This Useful Post:
Johnuk (15-09-2013)
Old 15-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Johnuk
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarjon View Post
One thing I worry about shield is that it wouldn't nesseserily look as good as glasur being a more durability orientated wax although I may be wrong.
I know what you mean. Glad im not the only one. Should be interesting to see the poll results. Im worried about the durability of glasur as i drive alot of motorway miles and dont always have the time to rewax every month or two... But like you, im also concerned that shield might not perform as well in terms of looks. I know lots of people argue that the wax doesnt add anything to the finish, however personally ive noticed quite a bit difference from some of my cheaper waxes.
Old 15-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
Johnuk
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolasbackheel View Post
I have just swapped a few bits to get a pot of glasur and cannot wait.

Can be bought here http://www.monzacarcare.com/products...id=1474&start=
Really interesting....

Thanks for the link. Strange that when i go to their zymol wax section, they have every other wax except glasur? sort of makes me nervous ordering it from them.
Old 15-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
Zolasbackheel

Have you thought about AF Desire? Not everybody's cup of tea but it is very durable, looks great and a few have gone on the sales thread recently for a lot cheaper than the RRP.
Old 15-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
Karl woods
Orbital Oracle

www.morethanpolish.com/ list glasur
Karl woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
Johnuk
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolasbackheel View Post
Have you thought about AF Desire? Not everybody's cup of tea but it is very durable, looks great and a few have gone on the sales thread recently for a lot cheaper than the RRP.
honestly, ive tried Desire and while i thought it was a great wax im not sure that it felt 'special' enough. I know thats a really stupid comment however somehow i cant get that excited over Desire.... I know many people will hate me saying this however i dont think as brand AF have established themselves enough to make me want to part with such a large amount of ££ (for me anyway). Dont get me wrong though, i love some of AF products. Tough coat and triple are some of my fav products. That said i always find myself returning to a wax even after dabbling with sealants.
Old 15-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
Zolasbackheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnuk View Post
honestly, ive tried Desire and while i thought it was a great wax im not sure that it felt 'special' enough. I know thats a really stupid comment however somehow i cant get that excited over Desire.... I know many people will hate me saying this however i dont think as brand AF have established themselves enough to make me want to part with such a large amount of ££ (for me anyway). Dont get me wrong though, i love some of AF products. Tough coat and triple are some of my fav products. That said i always find myself returning to a wax even after dabbling with sealants.
I get that completely and find it is a bit of a marmite wax.

What colour car are you putting it on?

Tags
glasur, shield, swissvax, zymol