Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Gtechniq
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gtechniq Gtechniq was founded by quantum physicist Drew Gill in 2001, out of a total dissatisfaction with the performance of paint protection products at the time. Everything from waxes, to new-fangled polymers and PTFE based miracle treatments, nothing on the market offered any meaningful durability, either in looks, or protection. Worse still, he found that most of the products actually performed poorer than the paints they were supposed to protect. From this discontent came a simple idea, ‘To engineer the world’s most beautiful, perfectly finished, smartest and most intelligent surfaces. Surfaces that do much more than simply look great when new.’

Old 14-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
Chappy581
Unwashed Member

Garage
Unhappy Gtechniq Customer Service

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

Has anyone else had a bad experiences with Gtechniq's customer service or did I just get unlucky?

My Example was I placed an order With them on there website £180 worth of detailing equipment,

When I received my order I was missing 2x bottles t1 tyre and trim which had a star next to it on the paper work and I was also missing my MF5 Power Glass cloth, not a big deal, I checked my paper work and I had been charged for these items and there was no message on the paperwork to say about another delivery so I sent them an email requesting if they had any information about to why I had not received these items to which I got the reply of,

The T1 tyre and trim is out of stock and would I like to wait for it to come back in stock or receive a refund to which I said I would wait and they would send me the glass cloth they missed off as soon as the T1 was back in stock,

I received 0 contact from Getchniq regarding The out of stock items on my order.....

When I asked to speak to the person I was dealing with via Email she said she would take my number and get her to give me a call, I started to give her my number and before I could even finish she said okay thanks and was going to put the phone down before I had even finished passing my number on......

I was not happy with the lack of communication from Gtechniq nor was I happy with the Lady who I spoke to on the phone, (A lesson in Customer service wouldn't go a miss ) I do believe if I had not inquired about the missing items from my order Would of ever received them ????

Be interesting to hear other peoples Experiences good or bad?
Chappy581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,349 Times in 4,433 Posts
Yes I would not be impressed by that, and I would have expected to only pay for items in stock, but would have liked to get option to even cancel my order to get from reseller that may have had all in stock.
Have you asked to speak to a manager and voice your concerns as poor attitude you speak off would have prompted me ask ask from someone in charge to get things sorted in amicable basis or at least try.
I can't understand why you need to post in two sections and put tags on threads without trying to ask to speak to manager to sort out , then you can vote with your wallet and not buy again if unhappy with service.
You may have done that already thought.

That's just my own opinion and not saying you should not complain as I'm the first to moan about poor service but I give companies two chances to fix the issue and judge they on how they sort their mistakes as if handled well I'm more likely to use them more as sort out mistakes well, we all make them from time to time, due to one reason or another

Last edited by Derekh929; 14-08-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
Chappy581
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekh929 View Post
Yes I would not be impressed by that, and I would have expected to only pay for items in stock, but would have liked to get option to even cancel my order to get from reseller that may have had all in stock.
Have you asked to speak to a manager and voice your concerns as poor attitude you speak off would have prompted me ask ask from someone in charge to get things sorted in amicable basis or at least try.
I can't understand why you need to post in two sections and put tags on threads without trying to ask to speak to manager to sort out , then you can vote with your wallet and not buy again if unhappy with service.
You may have done that already thought.

That's just my own opinion and not saying you should not complain as I'm the first to moan about poor service but I give companies two chances to fix the issue and judge they on how they sort their mistakes as if handled well I'm more likely to use them more as sort out mistakes well, we all make them from time to time, due to one reason or another
I must admit I have not spoken to management but I did contact the sales team a few times to try and resolve the issue, But When someone is trying to put the phone down before dealing with you is very rude and I really wasn't very happy about this, I agree everyone makes mistakes and regarding the items I am happy to wait I was just asking the question to what had happened to the rest of my order,

As my past dealings with companies is they will issue a notice with your order to say that item had gone out of stock or a email etc?

It just made me Wonder did I just get unlucky with my experience or has anyone else had issues
The Following User Says Thank You to Chappy581 For This Useful Post:
Derekh929 (14-08-2017)
Old 14-08-2017, 07:56 PM   #4
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,349 Times in 4,433 Posts
Well if you have contacted them a few times then that should be enough if I'm honest, I'm sure someone will be along shortly hopefully to sort this out on amicable basis, as rudeness is not good.
I hope it all gets sorted soon
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
Chappy581
Unwashed Member

Garage
Fingers crossed Derek
Old 14-08-2017, 09:48 PM   #6
TonyHill
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

That's very poor customer service.
I'd be tempted to get a refund and take my business elsewhere
TonyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 11:01 PM   #7
Sawel
Orbital Oracle

It is poor customer service yes, very poor in fact.

With regards to being in contact with them a few times being enough - it is never enough when there's a problem and you have to take it into your own hands to chase the company up and get it resolved. Call every day until the problem is resolved.
Sawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 11:19 PM   #8
gtechrob
Gtechniq UK

Thanked 3,377 Times in 1,852 Posts
not happy to hear this - can you pm me your order number and I will ensure this gets dealt with asap
Johnnyopolis (15-08-2017), OvEr_KiLL (15-08-2017)
Old 14-08-2017, 11:21 PM   #9
MagpieRH
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I was going to say I've not had much contact with them but when I have it's been dealt with swiftly and effectively. Rob is always on the ball on here, and as if by magic he's appeared just above to sort things out
MagpieRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MagpieRH For This Useful Post:
OvEr_KiLL (15-08-2017)
Old 14-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #10
MrRJ
Washmitt Meister

Garage
With all the products on the market now, customer service is really important!

Sure it will get resolved now its been seen here though...
MrRJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, gtechniq