Detailing World Forum banner

£100 Corsa

7K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  meraredgti 
#1 ·
When my wife had our first child i bought this Corsa from work after it was traded in. Not wanting her staying in the house all day she used the family car to get about this was my run around for work.

This cosmetically was knackered but it was fairly sound mechanically. It was desperate for a new tailgate as the corrosion caused the back window to pop open, fortunately the rear wiper kept it in place.

Interior was horrible.

Now this happened a few years ago prior to me stumbling across this website.

Car was washed using a sponge and one bucket method. No clay, tar or fall out remover. Just hot water and autoglym shampoo.

The car was hand polished using G3 panel at a time. Eventually once red i used some super resin and finally sealed in with Auto glym extra gloss protection.

Arch mouldings were heated with a paint stripper until black came through again then finally dressed using bumper care. Windows cleaned inside and out with Autoglym glass polish.

Inside it was vacuumed then surfaces wiped down with some multipurpose cleaner out of the kitchen.

Pictures to show how bad things were.

Afters

I ran the car for 2 years every day and it never let me down.

Car parts is what i do for a living so i treated it to a full service and all fluids changing. It needed the odd bulb and new wiper arms as they were worn so crept up the screen above 40mph. New tailgate was sourced (in red off a write off) too.

i miss the honesty of the car, there's no such thing as a basic what you see is what you get car anymore (with a roof).

This was all back in 2007 and the car was 15 years old when i bought it. The Corsa was a very early April 1993 car so one of the very first having been launched that very same month. How many Corsa B have you seen on a K plate??

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.