Detailing World Forum banner

My new car

6K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  AS_BO 
#1 ·
I spent a while searching for the right example. Ideally, I was after a 2010+ auto with all the spec but I soon realised that I'd be waiting forever to find the right car so I ended up compromising. In the end, I found this beast which is an absolute gem.

The spec really persuaded me that this was the right car, a few features to note:

Metallic Bluewater 330d. It's the lci 245bhp variant and it's a rare manual too.

- individual sound system
- servotronic steering
- 335d brake setup
- comfort access/keyless go
- electric folding and reverse dipping mirrors
- full grey Dakota leather and heated seats
- bi-xenon adaptive headlights with high beam assist
- LUX led angel eye bults with adjustable colours
- front/rear pdc
- hill assist
- pro wide screen navigation with latest maps and 7 digit postcode search
- TV / BMW connected drive (can't do web browsing though)
- USB/Aux with hard drive internal storage
- partial electric front seats
- DAB radio
- 2010 LCI layout, heated seat buttons further up and changing levels of auto
- split sliding front armrest
- rear armrest with twin cupholders
- 2x 12V ports in the rear
- BMW light package with full LED replacement
- M3 front control arms and wishbones
- M3 rear arms
- powerflex rear subframe bushes
- Full alignment to m3 spec (rear camber is looking more aggressive)
- F10 M5 gearknob
- Tri stitch steering wheel (like the M3)
- Piano black trim
- Genuine M3 rear boot lip spoiler
- split folding rear seats
- Black Performance grills
- SSDD Carbon Fibre Aero Front Splitters
- Genuine BMW Black exhaust tips
- Bimecc 12mm hub spacers all round
- 19" M3/M4 Style alloys

I purchased the car from an guy off the BMW owners club its been great as the car has stayed within the club from new so i have pictures from day 1 and all the paperwork including phone numbers for the previous owners who have been happy to chat. This is how the car looked when i picked it up about 3 weeks ago.

This is how it looks now i have added 19" M3/M4 style alloys with brand new Yokohama Advan tyres, 12mm Spacers all round, and painted the hubs black.

Future plans

- Genuine Carbon fibre mirror caps
- Remap

See less See more
#20 ·
That's my all time favourite colour in a 3 Series. Stunning car, and great spec too. That's a keeper chum.

As I usually say, health to drive buddy.

Cooks

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Thank you I plan to keep it as I say it's had no expense spared the car has been garaged since day one and I do the same, it had 2/3 small car park dents which I've had removed to leave the body work totally dent free, I also painted the hubs black as had gone rusty the car is immaculate and I plan to keep it that way.

#24 ·
Very nice! I do like this version of the 3 series. Has a really good stance and is well proportioned.

Love the colour and wheels. Suit it so well.

Not so keen on the 'M-Power' apparel all over it though...bit of a pet peeve of mine! Of course if you like it then that's all that matters :thumb:

As long as you don't stick a great big M badge on the boot I'll be alright :p

#25 · (Edited)
Very nice! I do like this version of the 3 series. Has a really good stance and is well proportioned.

Love the colour and wheels. Suit it so well.

Not so keen on the 'M-Power' apparel all over it though...bit of a pet peeve of mine! Of course if you like it then that's all that matters :thumb:

As long as you don't stick a great big M badge on the boot I'll be alright :p
Thank you, I under stand what you mean the amount of cars I see with the big M badge on the boot but it's only small on the calipers the rest of the markings are all standard on a M-Sport

If your referring to the number plate holders with M Power that's the reason I removed them as to much for me.

#30 ·
Lovely car, both wheel sets look great but new ones freshen it up.

Plates for me would be plain and legal with no screws, my local parts mob do lovely plain acrylic plates and they even minimise the font of their name and postcode so from 10ft you can hardly see it. I use halfords stickers on the plates and have never had a problem. Looks much cleaner to me without screws, anal I know!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.