Detailing World Forum banner

Gtechniq CSL Black Application on a Peugeot 308 Ultimate Red

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  BerkerCELIK 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,

It has been quite a while since I was not able to post in to the forum.

Anyways, I would like to share some more detailing I have done last week to my 308.

It has been 1 year and 1 month since I bought my baby. It has covered around 18k kms(around 12k miles I suppose). The paintwork was well looked after, but since I was planning to apply Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light + Exov2 combo; I spent some time to tidy it up!

Here are my buddies :D

I first decontaminate the paintwork with AutoFinesse ObliTARate to get rid of some tar spots. Then, used iron fallout remover to remove any iron contamination both on paintwork and on the alloy wheels. Then I softly clay the whole car. Here is a shot of the clay bar after only half of the roof!

Then, I moved to polishing. I polished the car with Scholl S40, I used 3M extra fine on a 3M yellow waffle polishing pad on some panels such as backlid and rear bumper to get rid of some swirls and then the whole car is polished with Scholl S40 on a Lake Country finishing pad with Makita Rotary polisher and brought back a little pop to the paint and remove some marrings the clay left over.

Finally, I apply 1 coat of Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and 2 coats of Exov2. The left over from the CSL is also applied to the alloy wheels. I am curious to see how they perform and last!

I guess I will not need any treatment for the coming two years or so.

And here are the final shots after 2 days of hard work :p

I hope you like it!

Cheers :thumb:

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks a lovely deep shine. I done two cs then two exo v2 on mine. Works well. Have to be so careful with the cs tho cos if left too long it can leave a smear mark which can only be removed by wet sanding. But worth the risk as it made my car shine more than the swissvax crystal rock I used too use on it.

#6 · (Edited)
Sorry I did mean csl not cs as you have to an authorised detailer for pure cs.

Well they recon 7 years for csl but exo isn't that long but like everything and I am sure you do just too up with quick detailers and other products.

I use shampoos with nano in it and also I use nano wet coat after the wash then I quick detail after every wash so I get the top up after every wash. So always looks shiney.

I have used 4 different types of swissvax waxes over 12 years. Started with there best of show and worked up to the crystal rock. I think waxes are brilliant if it's a weekend car and summer car but I found on the merc it wasn't good enough as my wife drives 250-300 miles a week to work and back. Tar was sticking onto the surface a lot and the dirt was too. But now changed over to sealers I have found the car stays cleaner and the dirt falls off more with even just snow foam.

#9 ·
Sorry I did mean csl not cs as you have to an authorised detailer for pure cs.

Well they recon 7 years for csl but exo isn't that long but like everything and I am sure you do just too up with quick detailers and other products.

I use shampoos with nano in it and also I use nano wet coat after the wash then I quick detail after every wash so I get the top up after every wash. So always looks shiney.

I have used 4 different types of swissvax waxes over 12 years. Started with there best of show and worked up to the crystal rock. I think waxes are brilliant if it's a weekend car and summer car but I found on the merc it wasn't good enough as my wife drives 250-300 miles a week to work and back. Tar was sticking onto the surface a lot and the dirt was too. But now changed over to sealers I have found the car stays cleaner and the dirt falls off more with even just snow foam.
I was going to ask how do you use CS , but i changed my mind thinking maybe "he is a detailer" :)

Anyways, I do agree carnauba waxes are not that easy to clean compared to sealants.

I use Nanolex Pure Shampoo as it does not contain any wax/sealars inside. I generally don't use QDs as they are not my "thing" I beleive...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.