Detailing World Forum banner

Mazda MX5 MK3.5 Kuro Edition

8K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Posts001 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello All, well after a lot of reading and some great advice on here and on the CYC forums - I've finally had a chance to detail my car & it was my first ever go at machine polishing!

I decided to use Kamikaze Collections Miyabi and Infinity Wax after seeing Offset Detailing's work.

Day 1

- Used Gyeon Iron on Wheels
- APC'd Arches and Tyres
- Agitated Gyeon Iron with Valet Pro Wheel Brush
- Washed with Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax
- Washed off using Jet Wash

- Gyoen Tar removed applied
- Jet Washed
- Snow Foamed the Car with Valet Pro PH Neutral Snow Foam
- Left to dwell for 5 mins
- Jet washed
- Gyeon Iron
- Jet washed
- Used G3 Body Prep with 2BM with Grit Guards
- Jet Washed
- Dried using Pat technique with Monster Microfibre endless drying towel

- Clayed using G3 Clay Mitt and Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer
- Rinsed and Dryed
- Used Menzerna 2500 with Meguiars MT320 and Orange and Green Quantum Hexlogic Pad
- Used Menzerna 3800 With Meguairs MT320 and White Quantum Hexlogic Pad

Day 2
- Dusted down car to remove any overnight dust
- Finished Machine Polishing
- Used Gyeon Prep
- Applied Kamikaze Collection Miyabi section by section and buffed using 2 plush towels & left to cure overnight
- Polished Wheels and applied Poorboys EX-P Sealant

Day 3
- Dusted down car to remove any overnight dust
- Applied Kamikaze Collection Infinity Wax & left to cure for 2 hours
- 2x more Poorboys EX-P Sealant applied to Wheels
- Dressed Arches with Meguiars Black Trim
- Dressed Wheels with Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel
- Cleaned and conditioned Leather with Meguiars Leather Care
- Cleaned Exhausts with Meguiars Metal Polish
- Buffed Kamikaze Collection Infinity Wax with plush microfibre
- Left to cure

Day 4
- Dedusted Car
- Rebuffed to ensure all Wax Residue was removed

Pictures Below :buffer::

Prior to Polishing (light swirling & some Deeper scratches)

Paint Thickness Reading:

After Correction:

See less See more
1 15
#6 ·
I really like the white too, goes pearlescent in the sun :)

Fabulous work. That paint is beautiful.

I had Kamikaze Infinity wax applied to my Mercedes back in April. I've been thrilled with finish and longevity - though I do keep my car garaged.
Thank you, really pleased for my first ever go machine polishing (other than their pannels)

I've used Miyabi and Infintiy Wax and will get some overcoat to hopefully maker last a little longer too - it's worth every penny so far!

#20 ·
What a superb job you've made there matey.... absolutely stunning.... really like that shade of red... and that black hardtop and wheels really do make for a really nice 5....

I would have to sort that garage out though mate... would be worried to death of something falling on your pride and joy....

oh and whilst your at it...get a nice fitting re cover for it...

its the OCD kicking in mate.... but it just has to be done... its letting the side down now.... lol

rgds

Sata

#21 ·
What a superb job you've made there matey.... absolutely stunning.... really like that shade of red... and that black hardtop and wheels really do make for a really nice 5....

I would have to sort that garage out though mate... would be worried to death of something falling on your pride and joy....

oh and whilst your at it...get a nice fitting re cover for it...

its the OCD kicking in mate.... but it just has to be done... its letting the side down now.... lol

rgds

Sata
Thank you Bud :)

It's not my Garage, it's my dad's - I did take the precaution of moving anything fallable, and stacked the other stuff and an angle so it would be impossible for anything to fall over onto it (crossed my mind too) haha :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.