Detailing World Forum banner

2012 Abarth dash dog hair assistance needed

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  GleemSpray 
#1 ·
Quick question.

A member on another forum has a 2012 Abarth which has a plastic surface dashboard. Apparently the hair from her dog just sticks to it and finds it hard to remove, valeters at her local say it's hard to remove the hair too.

I thought it may be down to some adhesive residue on the dash and recommended an all purpose cleaner or alcantara top or something that the hair had become woven into.

Has anyone else heard of this or experienced this and/or can help with any suggestions.

I probably won't be able to answer questions further to what I've written but your assistance is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Difficult to say without either seeing it or more information but sound more like residue from a dressing of some sort or possibly static, my duaghters 500 dash genrates staic which occassionally bites back.

Your suggestion of a good clean with APC sounds pretty goos tome though and go from there.

#4 ·
Tell her to put the dog in the back. Not on the dashboard.problem solved they should be able to get the hairs off the rest easy enough. .

Second thoughts ... maybe not if they can't get them off a dash lol.
Stop using silcon spray on it just wipe it over with a damp cloth. If you must use dressing then wipe it over too with a damp cloth to remove the shine and stickiness of it

#6 ·
Use the old fashioned household way of cleaning delicate surfaces.

Bucket of very hot water - pair of marigold type rubber gloves - clean cloth.

Dunk the cloth then wring it out really tight as much as possible so you end up with a steaming hot, but only damp, cloth. Use it to wipe over surfaces then rinse it and wring it out tight again. Terry towel face flannels are good for this or MF cloths

Its what i have always used as first weapon on vehicle interior plastics and cloth - it shifts and lifts a lot of gunk all on its own and there are no chemicals to have to rinse away. It does work really well on grimy dashboards and i have used it to remove black marks off cream headlinings without them getting noticably wet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.