Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 11-09-2017, 12:37 AM   #1
Cat Face
Sponge Jockey

Swissvax Cleaner Fluid

To give some background I polished my car 6 months ago using a Rupes Bigfoot and their line of polishes and pads. Then went to apply Swissvax cleaner fluid to prep the car for Swissvax Shield but I found the cleaner to be very oily and quite smeary. Took me about 20 mins of wiping with 2 microfibre cloths and quick detailer just to buff it off the bonnet and I was quite worried about inducing swirls with all the buffing so I didn't bother to apply it to the other panels despite warnings that the wax would not bond to the car paint without using the cleaner fluid.
But the wax still lasted 6 months and now it's degrading I'm looking to top it up with another layer of Shield, however as the paint is in good condition I won't be polishing it again.

Do I try to prep the paintwork with Swissvax cleaner fluid again but using a different technique? Or are there any alternative products I can use to prep the surface and have the wax bond properly?
Thanks
Cat Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:38 AM   #2
OvEr_KiLL
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,300 Times in 1,102 Posts
from polished bliss

Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Regular should only be applied by hand. For best results, it should be applied to freshly clayed paint one panel at a time using a Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pad. Only 3-4 pea-sized drops of product are required per panel, and these should be worked in as thinly and evenly as possible using light downward pressure. The resulting film should be buffed off immediately using either a Swissvax Micro Absorb Towel or a Swissvax Micro Fluffy Towel.
OvEr_KiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OvEr_KiLL For This Useful Post:
Cat Face (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #3
Chris Dyson
PC Perfectionist

As OvEr Kill points out, SV cleaner fluid should be applied sparingly and by hand. I've used Swissvax cleaner fluid for quite a few years and always by hand. Used sparingly it is really easy to buff off and leaves a nice finish ready for the wax. I applied a coat of Shield to my car last weekend, ready for the onslaught of winter. Used SV cleaner fluid as usual. No problems.

As with most SV products, I've found a little goes a long long way.
Chris Dyson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Dyson For This Useful Post:
Cat Face (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
Cat Face
Sponge Jockey

Perhaps I'm using too much then, even though I had applied a small amount of product as instructed last time. Will try it again this weekend.
Cat Face is offline   Reply With Quote