Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 11-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
TenaciousTed
Sponge Jockey

ObsessionWax Ariana Coloured Wax

For the past year Iíve been using the remnants of a tub of Auto Finesse desire which a good friend gave me when they sold their car. It was a good wax but I knew I could never afford to spend that amount of money on a wax when it ran out.

I solicited advice from your good selves and ObsessionWax were mentioned.

I ordered their Ariana wax, a colour charged wax which is intended to provide some light duty filling with pigment alongside the usual benefits of wax. I was a little tired of white wax residue gathering in stone chips and on the edges of panels.

I sent Jay a photo of my car and he got to work on making a pot custom coloured to match the car.

Yesterday I gave my car a full safe wash and decontamination inc clay bar. The clay bar left some slight surface marring which I deliberately left in place rather than polishing out. I then waxed with the Ariana to see how it handled it.

The wax went on easily and came off easily. It covered over the marring well and the gloss it provided was nice and warm with a deep shine.

It rained all night afterward and I was able to see some beading before heading off to work. The beads were much tighter and more uniform than with AF desire, even comparing both freshly after application.

I canít speak to durability at this juncture but initial performance and ease of use exceed expectations, performing well in excess of the AF wax which costs considerably more.

Itís likely Iíll never truly test the durability of this wax, Iíll wind up re-coating long before it gets a chance to deplete. I liken wax durability to the Jeremy Clarkson saying about diving watches. You might never take it to 300m but itís certainly reassuring when you drop it in the sink.

Storm Callum came and went and there was nothing on my car to show for it but beads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TenaciousTed; 12-10-2018 at 09:31 PM.
TenaciousTed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TenaciousTed For This Useful Post:
Crackers (11-10-2018), Fairtony (15-11-2018), rojer386 (14-11-2018), timo10 (11-10-2018), todds (12-10-2018), Wilco (11-10-2018)
Old 14-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #2
TenaciousTed
Sponge Jockey

Quick update. The wax is still performing strongly. Protection and water repellency are still excellent
TenaciousTed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TenaciousTed For This Useful Post:
Fairtony (15-11-2018), macca666 (14-11-2018)