Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > DetailedOnline
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #1
dazzyb
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
dazzyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Biggleswade
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 493
Thanked 707 Times in 540 Posts
Garage
Sio2 gloss enhancer mini review

A quick review of the sio2 gloss enhancer that people received with the Halloween wax.

First off the smell is amazing. I havent really had many apple smelling products but i think i need more. It is a rather strong smell but one i like.
It lingers on the cloth when removing it from the paint work and stays in the air for a short time afterwards.

The product itself is very green which suits the smell well obviously.
It comes in a bottle with a lid and also a spray head to go with it. I have found I prefer this method of packaging lately after the amount of items that have arrived with it sprayed out into the box.

So I decided to test it yet again on the van. This time only using half the bonnet to compare the difference.

What i have learned is that
A. Photographing silver cars is not great for comparing two products side by side.
B. I should have a waited till the morning


Anyway the van

2018-11-02 16.41.56 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr


The Product

2018-11-02 16.42.18 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr


The spray heads spray out plenty of product but not so much that it drowns the panels.

2018-11-02 16.42.23 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

It spreads very easily and is easily wiped off after as well.
No clinging of product to the paint or stickiness on the cloth.




So here is where it fails a bit.......but the failure is with me.

I applied it to the driver side (left side when looking at it)

In the flesh i can see a difference and a distinguished line down the bonnet where it has been applied.
On camera i cant

2018-11-02 16.45.36 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr


What i can photograph is the beading it was capable of.

2018-11-02 16.49.13 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

2018-11-02 16.49.13 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

2018-11-02 16.49.18 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr


2018-11-02 16.53.13 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr




The look in person it left was very impressive, and for the price of £8.99 for 500ml it is definitely worth a look.

Gloss enhancing and sio2 protection in one bottle for a very low price.
dazzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dazzyb For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (02-11-2018), Brian1612 (11-11-2018), DetailedOnline (02-11-2018), LostVulpine (02-11-2018), rojer386 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #2
matty.13
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kent
Posts: 470
Thanks: 113
Thanked 230 Times in 170 Posts
That for the review. Did the product steak at all when you used it ? Thinking of buying some


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matty.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
DetailedOnline
Dw Sponsor
 
DetailedOnline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 242
Thanks: 426
Thanked 355 Times in 156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzyb View Post
A quick review of the sio2 gloss enhancer that people received with the Halloween wax.

First off the smell is amazing. I havent really had many apple smelling products but i think i need more. It is a rather strong smell but one i like.
It lingers on the cloth when removing it from the paint work and stays in the air for a short time afterwards.

The product itself is very green which suits the smell well obviously.
It comes in a bottle with a lid and also a spray head to go with it. I have found I prefer this method of packaging lately after the amount of items that have arrived with it sprayed out into the box.

So I decided to test it yet again on the van. This time only using half the bonnet to compare the difference.

What i have learned is that
A. Photographing silver cars is not great for comparing two products side by side.
B. I should have a waited till the morning


Anyway the van

2018-11-02 16.41.56 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr


The Product

2018-11-02 16.42.18 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr


The spray heads spray out plenty of product but not so much that it drowns the panels.

2018-11-02 16.42.23 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

It spreads very easily and is easily wiped off after as well.
No clinging of product to the paint or stickiness on the cloth.




So here is where it fails a bit.......but the failure is with me.

I applied it to the driver side (left side when looking at it)

In the flesh i can see a difference and a distinguished line down the bonnet where it has been applied.
On camera i cant

2018-11-02 16.45.36 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr


What i can photograph is the beading it was capable of.

2018-11-02 16.49.13 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

2018-11-02 16.49.13 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

2018-11-02 16.49.18 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr


2018-11-02 16.53.13 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr




The look in person it left was very impressive, and for the price of £8.99 for 500ml it is definitely worth a look.

Gloss enhancing and sio2 protection in one bottle for a very low price.
Great little review mate really appreciate you taking the time out to do it. The smell of the special edition one you have received is apple with a hint of toffee. The usual Sio2 gloss detailer has a fresh apple fragrance without the added toffee.
__________________
*10% CODE - DW10 *** 3 FOR 2 CODE - DW3FOR2*
DetailedOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DetailedOnline For This Useful Post:
dazzyb (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 08:12 PM   #4
dazzyb
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
dazzyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Biggleswade
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 493
Thanked 707 Times in 540 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty.13 View Post
That for the review. Did the product steak at all when you used it ? Thinking of buying some


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really.
I gave it a fair amount of spray to cover the area and not knowing what it would be like.
I didn't seem to get any streaks which is always a boys with these types of products.
dazzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dazzyb For This Useful Post:
matty.13 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hiding all the Black Friday / Christmas detailing stuff bought :)
Posts: 4,024
Thanks: 1,431
Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,670 Posts
Good review, thanks for posting up.

So apart from not being able to photograph the difference on the van, you were very happy with the finish ?

Did you spray on, wipe over and buff off or just spray and wipe / buff (if that makes sense) ?
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
dazzyb (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #6
dazzyb
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
dazzyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Biggleswade
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 493
Thanked 707 Times in 540 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Good review, thanks for posting up.

So apart from not being able to photograph the difference on the van, you were very happy with the finish ?

Did you spray on, wipe over and buff off or just spray and wipe / buff (if that makes sense) ?
I was happy with the finish. It just didn't help that it was getting dark and on a silver van.

I sprayed it on then wiped over the panel to cover it then flipped the cloth to buff it off.
It's my usual method for the quick detailer/spray wax/gloss enhancer sort of product.
dazzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dazzyb For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (03-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #7
dazzyb
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
dazzyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Biggleswade
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 493
Thanked 707 Times in 540 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailedOnline View Post
Great little review mate really appreciate you taking the time out to do it. The smell of the special edition one you have received is apple with a hint of toffee. The usual Sio2 gloss detailer has a fresh apple fragrance without the added toffee.

I would like this in every product I order from now on

Shampoo or snow foam would be perfect for this scent


Edit: just seen that you do them in Apple. I should read things before I write comments

Last edited by dazzyb; 02-11-2018 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Cause I'm an idiot
dazzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dazzyb For This Useful Post:
DetailedOnline (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 05:47 AM   #8
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hiding all the Black Friday / Christmas detailing stuff bought :)
Posts: 4,024
Thanks: 1,431
Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzyb View Post
I was happy with the finish. It just didn't help that it was getting dark and on a silver van.



I sprayed it on then wiped over the panel to cover it then flipped the cloth to buff it off.

It's my usual method for the quick detailer/spray wax/gloss enhancer sort of product.

Cheers mate
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
DetailedOnline (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #9
DetailedOnline
Dw Sponsor
 
DetailedOnline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 242
Thanks: 426
Thanked 355 Times in 156 Posts
The Sio2 gloss detailer is a very versatile product and can be used in various ways. My preferred method is as a typical detailer spray as Darren mentioned above.
Spray onto panel and spread using a microfiber cloth then flip the cloth over and wipe with the fresh side to give a streak free finish.
You can also use it as a drying aid to speed up the drying process and add gloss by spraying onto the wet panels before drying
__________________
*10% CODE - DW10 *** 3 FOR 2 CODE - DW3FOR2*
DetailedOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #10
matty.13
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kent
Posts: 470
Thanks: 113
Thanked 230 Times in 170 Posts
Would this be ok to use as the top layer of a ceramic coating ? Also I see you do another ceramic detail spray ? Is there much difference between the 2 ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matty.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors