Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 29-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #11
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

I've never looked at the 160 Steve, don't know if it is a little overkill for me. Anyway, I'm going to do a flow test, as suggested, that will determine what I can buy. Looks a beast though!
lijongtao is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lijongtao For This Useful Post:
Steve0rs6 (29-09-2018)
Old 29-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #12
Rotiform
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijongtao View Post
Is the 160 good Steve?

I can get the 2160 for £800 new. With all the quick release, HD hose extended to 20m, 3 lances it is £950 all in delivered.
The K10 with all that comes in at £750-£800 so I wonder if the 2160 is worth the extra?
Of all things i have both over time i don't regret buying a Kranzle 2160 TST.
PS: I bought mine at a Black Friday sale, just a tip...
Rotiform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #13
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Thanks for the tip. I’ve done a flow test today and it’s is putting out 10 litres per minute so I am guessing the K10 will need more and perhaps I should look at the K7, I will have to double check numbers but think this rules out the 2160. I could be wrong though.
Old 29-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #14
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0rs6 View Post
Well if it helps I’ve had about 3 k7’s and their quality goes down hill every time I replace because of failure so I pushed the boat out and when for the Kranzle PROFI 160,omg what a machine, pure quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdazza View Post
Do you mean kranzle k7? Or karcher k7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0rs6 View Post
Karcher k7
I thought so Would have been amazed if you got through 3 kranzle K7s. You would have to live to two hundred to do that
fatdazza is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatdazza For This Useful Post:
Steve0rs6 (29-09-2018)
Old 29-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #15
Joe the Plumber
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijongtao View Post
Thanks for the tip. I’ve done a flow test today and it’s is putting out 10 litres per minute so I am guessing the K10 will need more and perhaps I should look at the K7, I will have to double check numbers but think this rules out the 2160. I could be wrong though.
I'd try the same test from your kitchen's cold tap and perhaps a wash basin cold tap if you have one. It might just be your outside tap (I'm assuming that's what you're going to run the washer from?) is restricting the flow slightly, or it has a partially turned off isolator valve.

You can also check if your house internal mains stop tap is turned on enough. It should be fully open (anticlockwise) and then backed off (clockwise) around half a turn. The same goes for the mains stop tap in the street.

And it can depend on the time of day, as if you checked it when everyone in the street was doing their washing up, there will have been less flow then too.

Hopefully you'll be able to get the extra bit of flow you need with a few tweaks.

The K1152 TST only needs 10 LPM incidentally.

I hope this is of help.

Last edited by Joe the Plumber; 30-09-2018 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Joe the Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe the Plumber For This Useful Post:
lijongtao (30-09-2018), Rotiform (30-09-2018)
Old 30-09-2018, 04:00 AM   #16
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Ahh, will have a look at that tomorrow
Thank you
Old 30-09-2018, 09:32 AM   #17
Rotiform
Washmitt Meister

This is the US version Kranzle 1122, specifications are very similar to the European version Kranzle 1155.

Rotiform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #18
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

@joe the plumber Wow. Huge difference. So I checked the stop c ock and did as suggested and there was no difference outside. However, when I filled the bucket in the kitchen directly from the tap it filled 11 litres in 30 seconds, so around 20 or more litres a minute. I ran out of bucket but vastly more flow inside.

Do I need to get a plumber in to do a wider tap fitting outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Plumber View Post
I'd try the same test from your kitchen's cold tap and perhaps a wash basin cold tap if you have one. It might just be your outside tap (I'm assuming that's what you're going to run the washer from?) is restricting the flow slightly, or it has a partially turned off isolator valve.

You can also check if your house internal mains stop tap is turned on enough. It should be fully open (anticlockwise) and then backed off (clockwise) around half a turn. The same goes for the mains stop tap in the street.

And it can depend on the time of day, as if you checked it when everyone in the street was doing their washing up, there will have been less flow then too.

Hopefully you'll be able to get the extra bit of flow you need with a few tweaks.

The K1152 TST only needs 10 LPM incidentally.

I hope this is of help.

Last edited by lijongtao; 02-10-2018 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #19
Joe the Plumber
Washmitt Meister

That's most interesting. I'm very sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away.

Firstly, may I ask if you're in the UK? If not, I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with plumbing in other countries.

I'd suggest you initially need to trace the pipework for the outside tap back to where it starts in your house. Without seeing how it's been plumbed in, it's difficult to suggest what might be wrong, but it could be a number of things.

If it's been fitted using a kit that cuts into a mains cold pipe (usually a big chromed 'thing' that's clamped around the pipe, very common from DIY outlets like B&Q), that will only leave a small hole for the water to the tap to come through. Re-piping it in copper should sort this out.

If it's fed by what looks like a hosepipe (B&Q again...), this could also be the source of restrictions in the flow to the tap.

If it's already plumbed in in copper, there may be restrictions in the pipework from a partly closed or obstructed isolator valve, a one way 'check' valve, or in the tap itself. There could also be debris stuck in the pipe.

All outside taps in the UK must be fitted with double check valves (usually in the tap body) to comply with the Water Regulations. As a CIPHE Registered Plumber, I can't ever condone using non-WR compliant fittings (many do though), but I will say that sometimes the check valve(s) can either get stuck or get foreign matter trapped in them which can seriously reduce the flow.

Whichever of these things is affecting the flow, it's not going to be hugely difficult to sort out.

If you're not into DIY, I'd ask a plumber to see if they can come and investigate it for you. If you don't know one, ask your neighbours who they use, or have a look at the CIPHE website (www.ciphe.org.uk) to find one in your area.

Please let us know how you get on.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:38 PM   #20
Joe the Plumber
Washmitt Meister

I'm bouncing this back up in case the OP missed it.