Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 09-09-2018, 08:30 PM   #11
Demented
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliesTTS View Post
Never used them but 3 day delivery claim!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153146230904
I"ve ordered the 6" Hex Logic pads...... I'll keep you informed

Last edited by Demented; 09-09-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demented For This Useful Post:
CharliesTTS (09-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 11:51 AM   #12
riskypicker
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Ive used ZFE stores on Ebay. They took about 7 days both times i ordered.

Some of the hex logic alike pads seem to be different colours, but feel equally as soft. Black/red/blue.

The orange and yellow are firmer (yellow were the firmest) but neither cut in the same way a proper pad does, even with the same compound on the same car.

I use them for applying wax / sealants or even lime prime but thats about it. I find them fine for that kind of thing and a bargain.
riskypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #13
alfajim
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

My Chinese pads came today, ordered Aug 27th.
alfajim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #14
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
As subject title says; does anyone know of a UK supplier of these cheap Chinese polishing pads and backing plates, who deliver within 3-5 days ?

All those listed on eBay are from Shanghia with an estimated delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks; I don't want to wait that long for items to arrive.
For this to be a real thing a uk supplier would have to by them from china and shipp them to you from the UK, you have to appreciate the UK seller will have to factor in shipping also so your basically asking is their a UK seller who would take a loss to sell something, it wouldn't happen, no eCommerce seller is in the business to lose money
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #15
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
For this to be a real thing a uk supplier would have to by them from china and shipp them to you from the UK, you have to appreciate the UK seller will have to factor in shipping also so your basically asking is their a UK seller who would take a loss to sell something, it wouldn't happen, no eCommerce seller is in the business to lose money
Not really, as a UK supplier wouldn’t be buying 1 or 2 sets but rather multiples of 10 so they would agree a discount for a wholesale price.
Andy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #16
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1972 View Post
Not really, as a UK supplier wouldn’t be buying 1 or 2 sets but rather multiples of 10 so they would agree a discount for a wholesale price.
They would but the discount still wouldn't be grate enough to be able to factor in shipping for the same price they do in china, most of the pads are close to wholesale prices and if you look on aliexpress they do state discounts like 5% for orders over 20 pcs e.g

and they also have huge agreements will shipping companies, how do you think they can ship it to us at such a low cost, you cant do that in the UK

Lets put it this way if I could get 100 pads for 10% cheaper than you can, would I be able to sell them for the same price and still make money whilst factoring in shipping as the cheapest tracked in the uk for 1kg or less is around £2.50 alone, so even if you just wanted 1 pad its going to cost atleast the price of shipping then what the merchant paid for it and then their mark up on top, do the mats please
Old 10-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #17
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
They would but the discount still wouldn't be grate enough to be able to factor in shipping for the same price they do in china, most of the pads are close to wholesale prices and if you look on aliexpress they do state discounts like 5% for orders over 20 pcs e.g

and they also have huge agreements will shipping companies, how do you think they can ship it to us at such a low cost, you cant do that in the UK

Lets put it this way if I could get 100 pads for 10% cheaper than you can, would I be able to sell them for the same price and still make money whilst factoring in shipping as the cheapest tracked in the uk for 1kg or less is around £2.50 alone, so even if you just wanted 1 pad its going to cost atleast the price of shipping then what the merchant paid for it and then their mark up on top, do the mats please
10% isn't a lot for wholesale discount. You are usually looking at 50% depending on quantity, but 20pcs isn't wholesale.

Most of the pads for sale in UK are from china, its just uk companies stamp their name on the back and whack on a huge mark up, whereas buying direct from china, you avoid that. If you can find a company that imports to the Uk without adding the branding mark up, you'll be quids in.

Either that or buy 1000 units for £1 each, stamp them \rians pads and make a killing.

Last edited by Andy1972; 10-09-2018 at 03:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy1972 For This Useful Post:
THE CHAMP (11-10-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #18
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
10% isn't a lot for wholesale discount. You are usually looking at 50% depending on quantity, but 20pcs isn't wholesale.

Most of the pads for sale in UK are from china, its just uk companies stamp their name on the back and whack on a huge mark up, whereas buying direct from china, you avoid that. If you can find a company that imports to the Uk without adding the branding mark up, you'll be quids in.

Either that or buy 1000 units for £1 each, stamp them rians pads and make a killing.
But that wouldn't be the same price as directly from China I would have to pay to send them to be branded and then pay to ship them to you and I would have to pay for storage, and my seller fees and packing that would push it up to aroudn 5-10£ per pad wouldn't it ?

Im not disputing I could make a killing my point is no one from the UK can buy and sell the pads at the same cost you can get them directly from china.

And who is going to by 1000 cheap Chinese pads

so £1 a pad, £2.50 shipping 20p branding and 10p for packing materials, thats about £4 a pad with no profit. I can buy 3 chinese pads for under £2 delivered

Your argument is not valid as the post is about a UK seller being able to sell pads at a chinese price and its not feasible simple !
Old 10-09-2018, 05:11 PM   #19
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
But that wouldn't be the same price as directly from China I would have to pay to send them to be branded and then pay to ship them to you and I would have to pay for storage, and my seller fees and packing that would push it up to aroudn 5-10£ per pad wouldn't it ?

Im not disputing I could make a killing my point is no one from the UK can buy and sell the pads at the same cost you can get them directly from china.

And who is going to by 1000 cheap Chinese pads

so £1 a pad, £2.50 shipping 20p branding and 10p for packing materials, thats about £4 a pad with no profit. I can buy 3 chinese pads for under £2 delivered

Your argument is not valid as the post is about a UK seller being able to sell pads at a chinese price and its not feasible simple !
im afraid your wrong. Ive literally just bought some - £20 for 10 pads inc postage. See the ebay links in the thread. Ok, its not 66p per pad as you claim you can buy but its still massively cheaper than the branded ones. (working out at £2 a pad delivered and claim to not be the cheap Chinese type. we will see)

anyway, im out. im happy to have paid £20 for 10 pads from a UK seller rather than £9 per pad.

Last edited by Andy1972; 10-09-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:22 PM   #20
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
im afraid your wrong. Ive literally just bought some - £20 for 10 pads inc postage. See the ebay links in the thread. Ok, its not 66p per pad as you claim you can buy but its still massively cheaper than the branded ones. (working out at £2 a pad delivered and claim to not be the cheap Chinese type. we will see)

anyway, im out. im happy to have paid £20 for 10 pads from a UK seller rather than £9 per pad.
Im not wong this link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3x-H...27424c4dc4Jcw7

you can buy 3x 6inch hex pads for £2.39 that is 79p per pad

Please show me where you can buy 3 pads for that cheap in the UK as the post was where can you buy pads from the UK at Chinese prices and youve not showed me yet,

£2 per pad is not Chinese prices but they probably will be Chinese pads just marked up.

No one in the Uk will be able to ship you 3 pads for £2.39 its simple, if you dont want to be proved wrong then I suggest doing your research and only givving you OPINION when its correct