Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk Ė | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 11-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #11
Itstony
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0rs6 View Post
Hi folks Iím after the rupes lhr75e but knowing my luck if I buy one then the mk2 will be revealed does anyone know if thereís a new model on the horizon?
Cheers for any info
Steve, James said you mailed him.
Just heard from him and apparently there are things in development. I will add James comment, sure he wont mind.

"Did get the email last week for 75 mk 2. I rung the Rupes UK manager. Sounds like they have a few tripple action surprises as well as gear driven.

We do not do many triple action machines as they are air driven, most people want electric".

Looks like that's settled. .......for now.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itstony For This Useful Post:
Steve0rs6 (11-10-2018)
Old 17-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #12
MBRuss
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Agreed on the LHR75E, my most used machine as well. Cars are too intricate these days, so need the little 'un in lots of places. It doesn't have the rubber shroud of the bigger machines though, so doesn't stall in the same way as the MK1 versions of those machines did.

As for force drive machines, don't they tire your arms out more, as you have to hold them pretty firmly because they like to wander more than a free spinning DA?

Also, I worry that having a force drive machine would reduce the "security" of having a DA polisher because it won't stop on edges and contours to prevent you burning through.

The free spinning DA's keep you honest, because they force you to perfect your technique to keep the pad flat to keep it spinning.

I had some issue with the contours on the doors of my car recently, even when I scaled down to the 75E, but thought that if I had a force driven machine I'd just be hammering the edges of the contour whilst not touching the centre, then probably wonder why there were still swirls in the middle afterwards. At least when I see the pad stop I know that I'm not fully in contact somewhere.
MBRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MBRuss For This Useful Post:
Steve0rs6 (17-10-2018)