Detailing World Forum banner

Honda CT-R correction by Deeper Detail

15K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  Deeper Detail 
#1 ·
After close communication with Darren over a few months, with working away and commitments, it was decided a full correction was the way forward, plus a ceramic coating to resist further marking in the form of Gtechniq C1 and the boys.....

On initial inspection, it was very well looked after by Darren, but he was disappointed with how it was looking in the sunlight due to prior wash marring and the odd scratch here and there.....

So, onto some before pics. Not looking untidy at all....

Boot, door, fuel cap and a little engine spruce first....

A light solution of smart wheels to clean the alloys, followed by purple rain...

Magifoamed....

Intricate areas cleaned...

Then washed carefully via 2BM and then the tar was removed with tardis....

Clayed with use of Stjärnagloss mild and safe, removing contaminants from the paint, including some tar that was missed with the paint being black.....

not leaving the vehicle looking too bad at all....

Inside though, under lighting...

Not many of the roof, but a sample of before....

After a little work....

More flake pop now....

Bonnet....

After

The offside had had some paintwork (I'm guessing a bad scratch or something like, as it was rock hard, but no sign of any filler anywhere with the readings) so totally different pad/polish combos.... An excellent job though, in terms of colour match and blend...

After....

Door before...

After (prior to finishing down)

Rear quarter.....

Sticker removed on both sides to correct the area fully.....

No afters taken for some reason!!! It wasn't forgotten about though....

Mirror casing after...

Nearside wing and mirror casing, back to Honda paint.....

After initial correction....

I then went over the door pillar and onto the rear quarter.....

Door....

Overspray on the door from doing the skirts?

Front bumper receiving the same treatment....

On to the rear bumper, spoiler and quarter.....

After initial correction again...

Peeping it's nose out of the garage.... Nearly finished....

All areas then refined and IPA wipe down in due course, to ensure no areas were filled or masked, next, the windscreen (clayed whilst doing the paintwork) G4 polish, removed, IPA, then G1 applied....

C1 applied to paintwork, C4 to trim and C5 to the wheels. Chemical Guys G6 hypercoat to the tires......

Some afters......

Ready for pick up.....

Thanks for looking, as always, comments and questions welcome.....

Mike @ Deeper Detail

See less See more
#3 ·
:lol: Not at all Kev!

If it's all Honda paint and not too bad, then I would recommend 3M extra fine plus with different pads for the correction, as there's no dust involved and really long work times. I only stepped up to S17+ on the reworked areas, which were so much more difficult to correct, for obvious reasons.....

#6 ·
Thanks Aaron :thumb:

Stunning refections Mike
Thanks Shaun, I had a few more pics, but they were blown out due to me still being on auto mode on the cam...... With the dark and light :censored:

#17 ·
#18 ·
#20 ·
Cheers Scott, thanks for your comments. I'm looking forward to a few write ups from you, hopefully coming soon, with a certain special something to top them off with :thumb:
Great job!!!
Thanks matey.
Quality work - as I've come to expect :thumb:
Cheers Mat, thanks for the comment. I'll pop in thurs to sort out when we can do the bumper.... (Or shall I wait til Friday?) :lol:

#23 ·
Cheers mate :thumb:
Great work and a stunning set of pictures
Thanks mate. My camera work still needs attention, I'll get off the auto setting one day :lol:

#28 ·
Cheers Steve, thanks for the great comments :thumb:

A truly stunning finish on that lovely Type R - superb work. It almost looks like a chrome finish in some of the reflection pix. :argie:
Thanks. My camera skill still needs some work tbh!

The civic type r looks stunning, one of my favourite cars, and in the best colour as well.
Thanks mate. I have an ep3 in milano red, which I love to bits, but wanted nighthawk black at the time....

Lovely work on that spaceship. The DA is coming out on mine over the weekend.
Cheers Shaun. get grafting with the DA! It's very gloomy here this wkend though :censored:

#29 ·
Hi Mike. I have this exact same car which has never been machine polished . Please can you tell me what pads you used for polishing and what final coatings you gave it?

I'm new to this and am yet to buy all the stuff I need so any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

#30 ·
Hi Maxwell. For standard Honda paint I tend to go with Yellow 3m pads and extra fine plus (3m) for the majority, and scholl S17+ for deeper marks all with a rotary. For finishing down with a finer polish something like menz final finish on a blue 3m pad, usually by DA as Honda paint is prone to leaving holograms with a rotary.

Another alternative is the megs micro fibre system by DA so you don't have to have 2 machines ;)

#36 ·
Thank you for the comment and no probs on the info
Top work on CTR, :thumb:.
Thanks deny :thumb:
Amazing finish mate, great work.
Cheers mate
amazing how different a car can look under those spot lamps!!
They do show the imperfections :D
Great work as usual mate.

And the DD-CC is still holding up on mine thanks, applied another coat a couple of weeks ago to top it up and it still looks just as fresh after a quick wash and QD.
Cheers Paul, much appreciated, glad the wax is still doing well :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.