Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2015, 02:35 AM   #1
mpit
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Those without hoses/driveways - What's your wash process?

So, I live in London and my parking consists of a space in an 'underground' car park at the bottom of my block of flats.

Until now, I've had a car I haven't really cared about, which has visited a hand wash twice in the year I've lived here ()

Next week I hope to pick up a new car and start looking after it again.

An underground car park rocks if I want to wax or polish it, sure, but I'm wondering what my options are in terms of washing it.

I've considered waterless washes which I can't say appeal that much to me - especially in the winter months.

I've considered driving to a jet wash with a couple of buckets, but filling buckets up with a jet wash sounds challenging and I'd probably annoy the hell out of other people waiting to use it and if I was planning on waxing/polishing, I'd be concerned about the dirt the car would pick up on the way back.

There is an outside space where I can park my car for 30-40 minutes, but without a water supply, I'm not sure that helps me.

So, what I'm looking for is solutions other people in a similar situation have come up with.
mpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 06:25 AM   #2
tightlines
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,596
Thanks: 712
Thanked 711 Times in 556 Posts
I used to go to the jet wash then drive back and wash it when I got back in the car park when I was in your situation,does it say you can't wash a car in the car park
tightlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #3
Alfieharley1
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,425
Thanks: 1,583
Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,029 Posts
There is a chemical guys video on youtube but unable to find it It shows a really good way of cleaning the car and what products will be good. If I find it ill quote the link
Alfieharley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #4
Pittsy
DW Reviewer
 
Pittsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 5,339
Thanks: 2,132
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,100 Posts
Garage
Could you run some power down there???
Got a karcher K4 and that has the ability to pull from a bucket of water, or a water but...
So if you have got power and can carry 3 buckets down stairs that might be an answer
Pittsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #5
Lowiepete
I'm not addicted...I'm NOT!
 
Lowiepete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Britain's most Easterly town - Lowestoft
Posts: 4,428
Thanks: 2,682
Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,552 Posts
Garage
Optimum No Rinse (ONR) will be your friend in this situation. I've been using
it as a rinseless / bucketless wash method for over 6 years on the same car
with very few problems.


Link to bucketless wash method

Link to ONR Guide

Link to Disabled Detailing thread. Don't let the title put you off the hints, tips and
tricks are also methods to not need machines and hoses yet still have a very
clean and shiny car.

Regards,
Steve
Lowiepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #6
Hasan1
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Hasan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 254
Thanked 667 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpit View Post
So, I live in London and my parking consists of a space in an 'underground' car park at the bottom of my block of flats.

Until now, I've had a car I haven't really cared about, which has visited a hand wash twice in the year I've lived here ()

Next week I hope to pick up a new car and start looking after it again.

An underground car park rocks if I want to wax or polish it, sure, but I'm wondering what my options are in terms of washing it.

I've considered waterless washes which I can't say appeal that much to me - especially in the winter months.

I've considered driving to a jet wash with a couple of buckets, but filling buckets up with a jet wash sounds challenging and I'd probably annoy the hell out of other people waiting to use it and if I was planning on waxing/polishing, I'd be concerned about the dirt the car would pick up on the way back.

There is an outside space where I can park my car for 30-40 minutes, but without a water supply, I'm not sure that helps me.

So, what I'm looking for is solutions other people in a similar situation have come up with.
Where in London I'm near Tottenham your more then welcome to wash round mine.
Onr is also very good
Hasan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #7
mpit
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan1 View Post
Where in London I'm near Tottenham your more then welcome to wash round mine.
Onr is also very good
That's a very generous offer - I'm in Bow, so not a million miles away.
mpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #8
stuartr
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cairneyhill, Fife
Posts: 658
Thanks: 170
Thanked 309 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpit View Post
That's a very generous offer - I'm in Bow, so not a million miles away.
I feel a BroMance coming along
stuartr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stuartr For This Useful Post:
m1pui (29-05-2015)
Old 29-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #9
dougall
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 40
Thanks: 15
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
http://youtu.be/qQ32CqvgtMA


Is the cg video, ive got the buckets with the screw down lids and they dont leak.
dougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #10
Hasan1
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Hasan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 254
Thanked 667 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpit View Post
That's a very generous offer - I'm in Bow, so not a million miles away.
Your more then welcome if you ever want
Hasan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors