Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #11
Reece.
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Try and update what I can and in some form of order! On any car I'm not a fan of the orange look from indicators in lights so changed my rear ones for silvertec items which is a nice touch IMO!

Sorry about the quality, its zoomed in:

After:

After another clean and said aero wipers:

Random engine bay shot, excuse the large empty space. The AEM induction kit relocates to the passenger side fog area so left with this.

On this occasion I debated just the "civic"

As for the number plates, these came with the car and still haven't changed them, really do need to get my behind into gear!
Reece. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
Reece.
Washmitt Meister

Garage
These are the plates that came with the car, safe to say who ever thought those in italics looked good must be blind!

Seeing as I was going for looks I bought a set of HID's, any EP3 owners know that the standard ones are like candles in milk bottles!

I bought these as 6k so they weren't to blue and look factory as such through the projector lenses. As you can see from the picture it is dark outside and that was just gone 4 so was a well worth upgrade.

On the facelift they need adapters so was a bumper off and lights out job to make it easier as space is limited.

I paid £35 for the whole lot delivered and had them over a year with not one problem so far! Also came with a 2 year UK warranty as I know how temperamental some HID's can be. All in all its the best upgrade I've done so far £ for £!

I noticed soon after this my tracking was out, it only felt very slightly but didn't even cross my mind to check my tyres so a month on I checked and found illegal tyres

1 ruined T1-R

This is my friends Spec 2 as I fitted 4 new tyres to his EP3 at the same time

He was complaining it had no grip what so ever! Can easily see why!

I opted to get Uni-royal Rainsport 2 XL's, got the XL for the stiffer side wall. My friend also wanted the same so ordered 6 tyres. 2 for the front of mine and all 4 for his.

Mine after a new tyre

Old 07-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
Reece.
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Found a container in an industrial estate with some art on it so thought I'd take a picture

Started to look into exhaust changes and ended up going for something different, I first bought a B-pipe which is custom made off a well known forum member. Called a R8byb silenced pipe which is a true 2.5" bore all the way through.

I had this mated to standard manifold, cat and backbox and felt like it revved more freely mid range and gave a deeper tone.

After having this for a few months I started looking for a backbox and all I was coming across was custom made or spoon N1. Personally I hate the N1 as it looks lost. Ended up coming across a HKS backbox which is exactly what I was after! Big jap cannon and angled, perfect!!

It's a marmite thing and honestly looks much better in the flesh!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
Th3Doctor
PC Perfectionist

Love it matey I'm a bit limited with pipe designs for mine but that looks ace - I have white wheels too what a living nightmare to keep clean they are c5 and forget is the only way
Th3Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
Reece.
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I just think the HKS suits it down to the ground!! I know what you mean with the white wheels, they look superb when there clean but keeping them in such a condition is very time consuming! I clean mine every week, need to get some poorboys wheel sealant and see how that fairs up!

What's the C5 like?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #16
Th3Doctor
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece. View Post
I just think the HKS suits it down to the ground!! I know what you mean with the white wheels, they look superb when there clean but keeping them in such a condition is very time consuming! I clean mine every week, need to get some poorboys wheel sealant and see how that fairs up!

What's the C5 like?
Very good indeed really have to watch how you put it on tho as as it drys like clear coat over the paint. £25 for a little pot gives you well over 2 coats or about 4 cars worth. Bit tricky as its totally clear liquid so I used a small piece of masking tape to mark where Ive been so I didn't miss any spokes best thing is you only need to use a pressure washer to clean the wheels or just car shampoo nothing to strong required after c5 - to be honest I wouldn't bother with the poorboys as f1000p works better or c5 for well over a years protection.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
Th3Doctor
PC Perfectionist

http://youtu.be/MGGREkJ--Jo
Old 07-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
Reece.
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Wow! That is impressive! I haven't got many products and only use a couple of products, not had any sealants yet and only ever use SRP on my wheels but find it leaves them quite static and even if I don't drive it dust settles on them quite quickly.

May have to look into that C5 looks and sounds very good!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #19
Reece.
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Seen a couple of civics mainly the JDM ones having the square number plate on the rear, only problem being is they were 13"x7" so slightly overhung on the boot.

I went down the same route but went for a 13"x6" and it fits perfect, I completly debased the rear end at the same time and really tidies up the rear.

I'm going to be getting a mugen replica spoiler and toying with the idea of preface lift rear lights but not sure yet.

Mine and my mates on his drive way:

My car had sat like that until last month, I saw 2 civics that sounded insane and were keeping up with 250bhp focus ST's and VXR's so after talking to the guy I found out what mods he had and now it begins.

Had a look around for my best options and found an RBC inlet manifold which is meant to be one of the best for gains. I bought this from Tegiwa including thermal gaskets, adapter and genuine Honda pipe kit all for £250 delivered!

I also bought a japspeed 4-2-1 with decat to mate to my current system, I bought this over the DC sports as its an exact copy and has proven the same gains. Also think that this has a stronger flexi pipe as the DC is known for splitting. This cost a fraction of the price as well at £199.99 delivered with a forum discount

Whilst I had it thought it would be best to heat wrap it so here it is:

Before heatwrap:

Finished article:

I've fitted the manifold and it sounds insane, noise in vtec <3

Next is RBC with thermal gaskets:

I've got to fit the RBC Friday, reason I haven't fitted it is because it will make the car run lean with out mapping and as some of you Honda fan boys will know the K-series engine needs a hondata.

Soooo....... This Saturday my car is booked in at TDI south to have a K100 supplied fitted and mapped. I've only got a 3 mile journey there so taking it easy I won't be doing any harm to the engine.

The car will be back with me on November the 17th so ill be back then to update with power figures and graphs
Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #20
Th3Doctor
PC Perfectionist

Same route as I've gone really - you will see awsome gains with the decat! And more fumes when you start up in the garage the mani looks a lot like the toda version as well. Was going to wrap mine but was worried about the stories I heard about cracked welds due to heat may still do it tho as the noise is a bit much at motorway speeds