Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 16-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #11
neilmcl
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceVolvo View Post
Bugger No stock at our local Aldi, looks like the Hoselock ultimate, I can get that at on the way home from work.
You can order it online, only about £3 delivery, probably the same you'd spend travelling to the store and back.
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #12
BruceVolvo
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmcl View Post
You can order it online, only about £3 delivery, probably the same you'd spend travelling to the store and back.
Yes the Mrs pointed that out and why waste an extra £20 ish on the hoselock, i've got no patience though, want to see if I can sort it tonight, i'll be cursing though if that doesn't sort it, don't suppose Argos will take back a unwrapped used hose
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #13
Andyblue

Thanked 1,066 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Bugger No stock at our local Aldi, looks like the Hoselock ultimate, I can get that at on the way home from work.

If it’s of help, I got what looks to be very similar to this from Asda before I got my Hozelock - was okay in the warm weather and you could not link it for your life, but in the cold, it was a nightmare to use - very difficult to unwind, very stiff and unwieldy. Obviously don’t know if the Aldi one is the same...

Got rid and bought the Hozelock - no issues using this during cold weather.
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 05:29 PM   #14
kentphil
Sponge Jockey

I can heartily recommend the Fitt hose from Screwfix, I got a 30m one last summer to replace an ageing hoselock hose.

It is very good quality, does not kink, and winds quite easily in winter, as I used mine up until the really cold snap in February.

I run a Nilfisk on my hose and the replacement seems to make the washer more comfortable delivering sustained pressure, but that may have been because my old Hoselock was close to past it.
kentphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 06:48 PM   #15
BruceVolvo
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Yes the Mrs pointed that out and why waste an extra £20 ish on the hoselock, i've got no patience though, want to see if I can sort it tonight, i'll be cursing though if that doesn't sort it, don't suppose Argos will take back a unwrapped used hose
Yes I'm cursing the problem isn't with by old knackered hose' collected the hoselock ultimate on the way home from work and the pressure washer is still playing up (much better flow from it though). Looks like its the pressure washer that's got the problem Off to the service department with it, only 3 months old as well.
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 07:10 PM   #16
neilmcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
If it’s of help, I got what looks to be very similar to this from Asda before I got my Hozelock - was okay in the warm weather and you could not link it for your life, but in the cold, it was a nightmare to use - very difficult to unwind, very stiff and unwieldy. Obviously don’t know if the Aldi one is the same...

Got rid and bought the Hozelock - no issues using this during cold weather.
It's not, the Aldi is a genuine Fitt NTS hose designed to be anti-kink. I've been using the one I got for over a year now with no problems.
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote