Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk Ė | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 06-04-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
Mujmuz
Unwashed Member

Nilfisk E 130 problem.

Hi.
I have problem with my E 130. It will start and run but after I let go from triger on the bar it will not start again. I have to unplug it from water and power, then plug water in and let it run for a while without power. After that usualy will start but only till I let go triger. then it will have to do everything over again to start it.
Mujmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 06:47 AM   #2
JenksyRS
Sponge Jockey

i had something similar where it wasnt detecting the pressure loss when you pull the trigger for 20-30 seconds, turned out to be a dirty inline filter, check filter and make sure water volume is enough for the machine.
JenksyRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #3
MattMazda3Sport
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenksyRS View Post
i had something similar where it wasnt detecting the pressure loss when you pull the trigger for 20-30 seconds, turned out to be a dirty inline filter, check filter and make sure water volume is enough for the machine.
Iíve also had the same thing this morning. Been shopping around for a new pressure washer! Iíll have to look into the instructions on mine as to where this inline filter is. Thanks.
MattMazda3Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 04:59 PM   #4
MattMazda3Sport
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMazda3Sport View Post
Iíve also had the same thing this morning. Been shopping around for a new pressure washer! Iíll have to look into the instructions on mine as to where this inline filter is. Thanks.
Update: It didnít work only two years old too!
Old 15-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

As above same problem this morning with my E150, no pressure then the pressure will kick in and its fine, put it down try again and no pressure? Don't think its the inline water filter checked mine and it was clean; gave it a rinse etc and no difference, I think its the water pressure from the tap not being enough to kick the motor/pump in (I assume that's what fires the motor/pump up), I had pulled out a long length of the hose though that was a bit coiled up etc, hoping that was the problem? It started to rain though so I gave up and sulked instead and wen't to the pub.

My inline filter is in the water inlet of the pressure washer unscrew the hose connection and there's a small white mesh cone inside there a small pair of plyers pulls it out.
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #6
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Update: It didnít work only two years old too!
Mines only 3 months old so not an issue apart from the hassle of packing it up and sending it off for repair/inspection etc, I'm sure its the tap pressure, the Mrs is going to try it tomorrow on the patio.
Old 15-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #7
MattMazda3Sport
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceVolvo View Post
Mines only 3 months old so not an issue apart from the hassle of packing it up and sending it off for repair/inspection etc, I'm sure its the tap pressure, the Mrs is going to try it tomorrow on the patio.
Hopefully itís just a pressure issue for you then. Mines been no problem in the past but did try fully extending the hose with no luck unfortunately. Not sure whether to buy another Nilfisk or not now.
Old 15-04-2018, 05:20 PM   #8
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Hopefully itís just a pressure issue for you then. Mines been no problem in the past but did try fully extending the hose with no luck unfortunately. Not sure whether to buy another Nilfisk or not now.
I'll update tomorrow when the Mrs has had a go in the back garden.
Old 16-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #9
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Well the wife has tried it this morning, the E150 has the same problem works intermittently , worryingly she tried our old Karcher K2 and that works fine, I'm going to try a new garden hose when I get home the one we are using must be 20 years old, if that doesn't cure it, sounds like its the Nilfisk
Old 16-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #10
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceVolvo View Post
Well the wife has tried it this morning, the E150 has the same problem works intermittently , worryingly she tried our old Karcher K2 and that works fine, I'm going to try a new garden hose when I get home the one we are using must be 20 years old, if that doesn't cure it, sounds like its the Nilfisk

Well your old hose could be internally degraded / collapsing, especiallyif it has some softer spots that kink on a regular basis.

Bear in mind the E150 is rated at 500litres/hour, so you need a water feed to it of ca 9litres/minute (to allow a little reduction in flow when other items are in use int he house - taps/washing machine etc)

The K2 is only 360l hour (6l/min) so can cope with more restricted feed.

Have you checked the actual flow being delivered to the PW - disconnect the hose, collect water in a bucket for 60seconds, measure the amount collected. You could do the same at the actual tap too, to see how much restriction is in your current hose.

IF you do go for a new hose then there's lots to choose from, and you may benefit from a slightly bigger bore. But don't go spending if you don't need to
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to percymon For This Useful Post:
BruceVolvo (16-04-2018)