Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
andy monty
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,671 Times in 1,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_mcc View Post

I seen in halfords they offer a £99 Autoglym Valet - can't you buy the whole range for that?

Not at the prices they charge in store for the stuff now.... Unless its on buy 2 get one free
andy monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
Beau Technique
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,606 Posts
Daaaamn! By the looks of things it was £165 + £299. Wished I had documented it but only had a day for turn round. With the association with AG, it doesnt seem to count for much with brand associations now a days and if thats the standards that a tribe working in association with one of the largest known brands of car care put out, well...
Beau Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 AM   #13
Bulkhead
Orbital Oracle

Garage
I know most people love to knock Halfords and, to a certain extent, it is warranted. However, I used to work there and at our branch at least, every member of staff was knowledgable, helpful and wouldn't fob people off with poor service or products. Our audio guy was a true enthusiast and what he didn't know about all things ICE wasn't worth knowing. He was pedantic to the point of obsessivness in his installs and workmanship was staggering. In contrast, the branch down the road was full of idiots and I wouldn't trust them to inflate a tyre! It completely depends on the staff IMHO.
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulkhead For This Useful Post:
PrestigeChris (08-09-2011), ROMEYR32 (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #14
alan_mcc
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy monty View Post
Not at the prices they charge in store for the stuff now.... Unless its on buy 2 get one free
Sarcasm
alan_mcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
Tom J
Washmitt Meister

don't want to turn this into a halfords bashing thread but just wanted to ask, for the people who work there, your "lifetime guarantee" on the professional socket sets, been refused twice now on broken sockets/wrenches as don't have a receipt, i mean its got halfords imprinted on it and they expect a receipt to last a lifetime? this was from a manager aswell. i'm sure you don't have these problems with snapon etc
Tom J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #16
trv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
don't want to turn this into a halfords bashing thread but just wanted to ask, for the people who work there, your "lifetime guarantee" on the professional socket sets, been refused twice now on broken sockets/wrenches as don't have a receipt, i mean its got halfords imprinted on it and they expect a receipt to last a lifetime? this was from a manager aswell. i'm sure you don't have these problems with snapon etc

Take it to a different Halfords store . Done it the past with no problems.
trv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #17
PaulN

Thanked 1,264 Times in 1,065 Posts
Garage
Is anyone suprised. They stock cleaning stuff, people like clean cars and from sites like here they must know theres money in it.

I could see alot of people if they can afford it using this type of thing rather than the £5 car washes.

I guess it will end we no one washing their own cars (apart from us lot) either £5 car wash, mobile valets, halfords thing, or a Detailer.

Cheers

PaulN
PaulN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #18
Yozza
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I would rather do my own car than trust anyone from Halfords. A friends son has just started at Halfords near me and he was telling me that nearly all the staff that either work there now or have done in the past where McDonalds rejects.

I learnt my lesson a few years back when they replaced a fuel filter on my car. They never fitted it correctly, but tried to blame me by saying I had caught it going over a speed bump. So now I would'nt trust Halfords to do any work on my car. Even for free
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #19
Beau Technique
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,606 Posts
Thing is though, it is down to the sub contractor being able to produce the good's. Halfrauds have obviously gone for a cheap collaboration to offer an extension on what they already do. They should shop harder and maybe consider looking at spending a little more on a better quality of sub contractor. The store itself works well for a majority of car DIY enthusiast and ive even had to dive in when running short of something as a quick fix to get through a job but when sub contracting work out to large outside operations for varied other tasks they need to understand that though its not there name being tarnished but the contractor it still stands as a beats of burden on there head.
Beau Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
David
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Technique View Post
Thing is though, it is down to the sub contractor being able to produce the good's. Halfrauds have obviously gone for a cheap collaboration to offer an extension on what they already do. They should shop harder and maybe consider looking at spending a little more on a better quality of sub contractor. The store itself works well for a majority of car DIY enthusiast and ive even had to dive in when running short of something as a quick fix to get through a job but when sub contracting work out to large outside operations for varied other tasks they need to understand that though its not there name being tarnished but the contractor it still stands as a beats of burden on there head.
This company that do the work, do they do it on halfords grounds or the customers (ie: mobile valeting)

if they do it on halfords grounds it directly affects them as 90% of people who book this service will believe halfords do it ; not a sub contractor, and as you've booked a job through halfords - its them you'd complain to.

If i sub-contract valeting work out & the guy doesnt do a good enough job for the customer, he or she would phone me to say "look, the guy you've sent out hasnt done the boot" or "he's not wiped the sills or the sun visors" for example then i would need to rectify the problem
David is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beau technique, detailing leicestershire, detailing midlands, www.beautechnique.co.uk