Detailing World Forum banner

New to the forum, detailing and driving in general

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Prestige car care shop 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I had very little interest in driving for quite a long time. I've lived in Belfast since I was 18 (31 now) and had found walking and buses suited me ok.
In late January I got the news that the wife and I were expecting. I started lessons the next day and bought a wee mk v Golf TDI and insured it to practice in.

Only been driving since late April but I've already noticed I hate letting my car get dirty. So I went buck mad and bought a karcher k2 and a raft of Auto Finesse kit on offer from CarParts4Less.

It cost quite a bit, but my detailing obsessed brother convinced me of the perils of entrusting your pride and joy to the £3 a shot hand car washes.

So far I've been washing the car weekly and just last week I gave it its first proper detailing session with a wash, clay bar, polish and wax.

Such über detailing sessions will be rarer when my son arrives - but I'm hoping the weekly 1hr safe wash and dry still happens.

Looking forward to lots of interesting discussion and learning from you folks.

Cheers,
Ed

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.