Detailing World Forum banner

Hello from NI, girly car enthusiast!

5K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  Prestige car care shop 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

Guess this is the perfect forum for detailing advice.

Got a Golf 7.5 R (had a 7 R previously) and the paint is absolutely *****.

Thinking of purchasing a DA polisher, can anyone recommend pads and compound for doing a new car, before gtechniq crystal serum light?

Thanks

Jen

Attachments

See less See more
#22 ·
We're 20 posts in but no one has answered the question:

"Thinking of purchasing a DA polisher, can anyone recommend pads and compound for doing a new car....."

:confused::confused::confused:

Hi Jen,

To save me a lot of typing have a look here:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=396852

Hope that helps to give you something to at least start a "possibles" list with. I've used Scholl S20 and spider pads on VW's with lovely results - but maybe the paintwork different on a R?

I'm sure the Golf R guys & girls will come along soon with tried and trusted specific products.

Looking forward to the before & after pics.

Enjoy yourself and Good Luck

Andy.

#26 ·
Hi red head. VW clear coat is very soft. I'd highly recommend paying someone who has experience with this type of paint do it for you as it can be extremely difficult for a beginner to finish down themselves. The time and money you could spend is not good. I'd also recommend ceramic coating so it will say mint! Trust me, I've been there with a flat black mk7 [emoji30]. If you need recommendations where to go I can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.