Detailing World Forum banner

Hello

3K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Commander2874 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to detailing, sort of become obsessed in the last few months. Started buying some bits and pieces, and found this website while looking for more products/info.

So just wanted to say hello. I'm based on the Isle of Man, my car is an M5. Had it for approx 12 months, always kept it clean, but recently started to go further.

I hope to learn a lot here.

Here is a quick picture I took after I finished a wash yesterday. I did a more serious clean at the weekend, so yesterday was just a top off clean.

See less See more
#13 ·
Hi again,

I have some really silly questions, I hope someone can help.

I currently have some Collinite 476 wax, I know it can last a long time on the car, but will it do any harm to apply it every month or so? I quite like applying it.

I'm about to have some minor scratches polished out by a guy I trust. I was thinking about asking for a ceramic coating, will Collinite 476 wax work ok with it?

Lastly, I've heard about drying with wax, is that something you can only do with liquid wax?

#16 ·
The only silly question is the one you don't ask :thumb:

It certainly won't do any harm to apply it every month and I understand it can be quite therapeutic to do so. I would say that you should minimise the risk of marring or inflicting minor swirl marks when applying and removing the wax by using a nice applicator (recommended for the wax type) and a very plush microfibre.

Collinite will sit fine over a ceramic sealant but don't forget your top layer (Colli) will affect how the water behaves so you won't get the characteristics of the sealant, just the wax.

You can use a drying aid or QD (quick detailer) to aid with drying and catch any water spots/drips just check that the product is suitable for this firstly :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.