Detailing World Forum banner

New to DW

7K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  Commander2874 
#1 ·
Hi guys, hope everyone is well. Complete newbie to the forum and have recently got into detailing after buying a karcher k2 pressure washer.

Got sick and tired of using the local car wash places after noticing a few scratches on my car so i had a tap installed and got some advice from a friend at work who recommended slims detailing to me. Have been using autoglym super resin polish for a year now and i think it's excellent along with the gloss protection.

But now i have invested in
Poorboys black hole glaze &
Nattys paste wax for dark paint
Got 2 buckets with grit guards, a microfibre mitt, snow foam lance and some decent drying towels. Got demon foam and autoglym shampoo and conditioner for the wash

My car is a 57 plate Honda civic type r in pearl bronze paint and the condition for its age is actually pretty good. I do have a few swirls but am looking at getting it machine polished soon to correct this.

Here are some pics of the car after a clean and polish plus wax! This was after using autoglym super resin Polish

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#12 ·
:wave::wave: Welcome to DW :wave::wave:

Hide your wallet now as by the look of your immaculate car you'll be getting tempted by the amount of goodies you will find on here. Just when you think "that's enough" ping, up comes another offer.

Enjoy…

#13 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Looking forward to picking your brains in the coming months! Sadly been raining today so not had time to give it a wash and use the new products and I'm working now until the 20th so will get fresh pics up later in the month.

#20 ·
Then came the paint using a 2" brush. Paint is Hammerite smooth red and i gave it a good few coats. The silver lettering was completed the next day so it gave the paint a bit of time to dry.

And the finished product! All 4 callipers painted

#27 ·
Just got the car back from a service (and £540 poorer!) So a proper detail was on the cards.

Started with valet pro pre wash spray on the car and wonder wheels on the ...wheels!

Then it was a rinse using my pressure washer followed by a snowfoam (demon) and rinse.

2 bucket method followed using autoglym shampoo conditioner and then a rinse

Car was dried and then polished using poor boys black hole and then waxed using nattys paste wax. Here are the results!

#35 ·
Another wash today, valet pro prewash sprayed first followed by a rinse and demon snow foam.

Rinse followed by two bucket method and then touch dried with a microfibre towel.

Didn't get a chance to polish and wax it but the shine was spot on and still plenty of wax from the previous application

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.