Detailing World Forum banner

Hello to the Newbies Please Support the forum

299K views 186 replies 162 participants last post by  vsideboy 
#1 ·
:wave:
Hello to all the New members , i hope that you get some valueable information whilst on the site and that you stick around and share your experiences with the rest of the members.

Please read the rules HERE so that you know how we like to run the forum.

To help support the forum and keep it running please remember that we have DW stickers and merchandise .

PM if you need more details .

#28 ·
hello :wave: im jon and after some time have finaly joined!! I am in the process of re opening my valeting business..... i started valeting when i was 16 at the local merc garage , then set off in to the big wide world to set up my own mobile valeting service!! it was all great for 8 years, but then i went off traveling for 18 months!!! when i got home it was so cold ,gray and wet( was not used to this odd weather system after ozy land lol) so tried out other careers! how ever 2 years down the line i was missing valeting and detailing so much i just know its the best job for me:argie:!! i have real passion when it comes to cars and my mates think i have ocd lol (with polishing and waxing that is) any way this is all getting a bit long winded....few haha so any way as a new detailing world member i would like to say hi :wave:!! it all looks great and looking faward to learning new things and hope fully helping out others on here too!!
ps,.....its raining again.....nice

#29 ·
Rolls-Royce Fan!

Many thanks to the people who have put this very useful page together!

I've been in the buisness for many year's and I still learn something about the buisness all the time, mainly from the...Ummmmm...Newbies, as you all say. ;)

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and hope that I too can be of some help and be helped.

Sincerely in California:detailer:

#30 ·
Seriously P**sed Off!!!!

Hi All,

I've been lurking on this forum for months now, and have enjoyed all the contributions from members and guests alike, and as a result spent some serious money on detailing products from a number of site sponsors, (i4Detailing, CleanYourCar, NE detailing, Autobrite etc, just to mention a few!) and gained loads of help, advice and knowledge from reading up on stuff. including spending the time to read enjoy ALL the banter on the "alternative random orbital polishers guide" as watched over and carefully monitored by Viper (Big time respect fella..............your commitment and tenacity speaks volumes!...........)

However......

Following on from the advice given in Viper's pet topic I purchased a B&Q MAC Allister DA sander/polisher yesterday, furthered my investigations and decided at that all in all I would not be happy with it and figured I would go the one step further and bite the bullet and order a Kestrel DA online from CYC.

Imagine my suprise when, bearing in mind that these machines (MacAllister DA Random Orbital Sander) are in short supply and end of line, I thought I could either take this back to B&Q and get my money back, or do the honourable thing and offer it to anyone else on the forum at what I paid for it.

Shock Horror........To post an advert on the for sale section is gonna cost me a further £5 dealers registration fee on top of my supposedly free member registration!

Someone is taking the **** somewhere!

Sorry, but my intention of hopefully offering someone from this site who maybe doesn't have the opportunity to visit their not so local B&Q and blag a bargain for some cheap detailing goodies has gone **** up somewhat pear shaped......I'll be posting this on MeganeSport.net for anyone interested............

AL.

#34 ·
Hi guys, I could really use your help.
I have found here a lot of detailed guides about a lot of procedures I had not even heard of.
However, after some browsing, I do not know WHAT guide I need, because I am not familiar with the advantages/disadvantages of every product/procedure.

For example, what does a sealant do? Does an "abrasive" substance harm my paint, and why would I nevertheless choose to use one, instead of another that would not harm it? What is a Foam lance used for? What does "claying" offer and under what circumstances would I do it? What products/procedures are essential/useless according to the climate/conditions I live in?
Please do not try to answer all these, but give me some link that covers such elementary parts instead. :eek:

#45 ·
:wave:
Hello to all the New members , i hope that you get some valueable information whilst on the site and that you stick around and share your experiences with the rest of the members.

To help support the forum and keep it running please remember that we have DW stickers and merchandise .

PM if you need more details .
sorry for jumping in on your thread mate:eek:

hello from another newby cant seem to start new thread saying hello
my account as been activated too :thumb:

#46 ·
New Guy

Hi folks

Just a small hello :)
& may i say ive only been registered for a few days but from what ive read ive learnt quite a bit off you guys & just ordered one on these little brutes
http://www.transtools.co.uk/store/p...trade-sander-polisher-180mm-240v-5-heads.html
i hear the pads are not that great but hey al use them till i get some better ones,,cant wait to get going on our VW T4 van she is paprika red & cloudy :thumb:

#47 ·
Hi folks

Just a small hello :)
& may i say ive only been registered for a few days but from what ive read ive learnt quite a bit off you guys & just ordered one on these little brutes
http://www.transtools.co.uk/store/p...trade-sander-polisher-180mm-240v-5-heads.html
i hear the pads are not that great but hey al use them till i get some better ones,,cant wait to get going on our VW T4 van she is paprika red & cloudy :thumb:
wellcome
dont know if youve done any machining yet
but take your time
read the excellent guide on here
have fun
post pics up of your work

#48 ·
Hi all

Just a quick hello, I have been a valeter for about 10 years and just about to set out on my own doing mobile valeting but also offering a detailing service.
I have been doing a lot of research and every time i google something i keep ending up on this site and all i can say is "WOW" what an excellent site i have learnt a lot over the past couple of days reading some of the forums and would like to say thanks to all who contribute.
Anyway i will keep you posted as to how i get on on my own.

#49 ·
Hi all

Having been motivated and mightily impressed with the results achieved by other forum members; I took the plunge and bought a G220 kit from i4detailing (great service) but have yet to have weather suitable for me to try it out. This is all completely new to me, after years of using a Brillo pad and washing-up liquid, and I'm now looking for a decent foaming lance. I don't want to end up with "all the gear and no idea" which is why this forum is set to become my font of all detailing knowledge.

Cheers

#50 ·
Hi everyone!

Figured I'd sign up after spending a few hours detailing my car with my mate (Dizzle77) on Saturday. I have a black 2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro Sport, which I've not really looked after well enough until recently. Just had new tyres, refurbed wheels and brakes and a thoroughly good detail! It now looks amazing bar a couple of dents/scratches that need professional help. Dizzle77 is gonna post up some pics at some point.

Bizzle

#52 ·
Hi all,

ive been reading detailing world for a few months now or so and decided to join because im obsessed/OCD with car cleaning has to be perfect.
even though i dont detail cars for a living (I WISH I DID AND COULD) at my work people bring there cars over and pay for me to 'remove this/gloss this up etc'

A MASSIVE PASSION OF MINE AND HOPE 1 DAY I CAN BE DOING MY OWN THING HAVING MY OWN DETAILING BUISNESS OR BE EMPLOYED TO BE ONE.

Cheers all, your all stars and take great pride in your work.....and have helped me alot already of how to improve things!

cheers all:wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.