Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Tech & Gadget Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Tech & Gadget Zone Gadgety, Techy or even a Techy Gadget! Stick a post in here! Sponsored by SlimsDetailing - inspired by anybody who has a car they love and care for

Old 13-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
Darlofan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Mobile Phone Battery

Have a Samsung S7 and battery has started losing large chunks of power! Could be an issue with latest software update etc but if not where is best to buy from?
Searching eBay etc and every battery on there is 'genuine!!'
From buying kids new batteries(for phone not them&#128514 I know genuine doesn't mean genuine.
Darlofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
pxr5

Garage
Sorry I can't help with locating a replacement battery but I've got an S7 too and my son and S7 Edge and we both said that the battery is draining faster since the latest update(s). I haven't yet researched what's causing this, but maybe hang on until a resolution is forthcoming - maybe a new update or fix.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pxr5 For This Useful Post:
Darlofan (13-11-2018)
Old 13-11-2018, 03:07 PM   #3
DimitriUK
Washmitt Meister

Check what is running in the background you need to have developer mode on and check running services.

I had the same issue before, I uninstalled apps that I do not use, optimisers, battery savers, etc.

Then every couple of hours I go to running services and stop all apps except system apps, you will be shocked at how many apps are running in background.

This has hugely reduced battery consumption. Keep in mind that I use the phone listening to music/news, whatsup, email etc for about 12 hours a day non stop.
DimitriUK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DimitriUK For This Useful Post:
Darlofan (13-11-2018)
Old 13-11-2018, 05:39 PM   #4
Darlofan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitriUK View Post
Check what is running in the background you need to have developer mode on and check running services.

I had the same issue before, I uninstalled apps that I do not use, optimisers, battery savers, etc.

Then every couple of hours I go to running services and stop all apps except system apps, you will be shocked at how many apps are running in background.

This has hugely reduced battery consumption. Keep in mind that I use the phone listening to music/news, whatsup, email etc for about 12 hours a day non stop.

I'll have a look thanks. Nothing has changed from my regular usage though, no new apps installed. I always close apps right down rather than leave them running too.
It's dropping in chunks rather than dropping quickly over time. Read a text last night and got warning it was on 30%, put a pan on to boil eggs, picked up phone to use timer and it was on 6%!!
Old 14-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #5
DimitriUK
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlofan View Post
I'll have a look thanks. Nothing has changed from my regular usage though, no new apps installed. I always close apps right down rather than leave them running too.
It's dropping in chunks rather than dropping quickly over time. Read a text last night and got warning it was on 30%, put a pan on to boil eggs, picked up phone to use timer and it was on 6%!!
When you close the app it does not really closes but is running in the background you need to activate developer options and stop the running services.
Install phone check app and check condition of battery.
DimitriUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #6
Darlofan

Garage
Did some digging last night and found samsung gear plug in was using most of the battery. Forced it to stop and seems better today. Not sure what the problem was, had samsung gear watch for over a year now and no issues. Last software update for the watch was April and no new updates available. Will see how things go.
Old 14-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #7
GP Punto
Orbital Oracle

I bought a battery for a Samsung S7 from ebay. When it arrived it had all the right holograms and looked genuine, apart from the printing was slightly different, and it said Made in China ( I assume the batteries are made in Korea)

Tried it and it worked fine, held its charge well enough. I sent an email to the seller who said it wasnt genuine Samsung and offered a full refund, but tbh the battery was working well so I kept it.
GP Punto is offline   Reply With Quote