Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Fecks Philosophy
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
dholdi
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

12 Days of Christmas Day 2 Review

I initially posted this last night in the competitions thread.
Probably because of the late hour it seems to have snuck under the radar.
I'm posting it here as well as I think the products deserve the recognition and now's a time when most people are likely to read it.
And also in here its in the right place for future reference.

Here goes again

12 days of Christmas Day 2 Review

I was very fortunate to win a couple of Feck's Philosophy's products in the 12 days of Christmas Day 2 draw.

I won a Professor Plush drying towel and a Deluxe Wash Mitt.

First of all I would like to thank Feck's Philosophy for their generous prize.

I would also like to thank all the staff at Detailing World who put so much effort into hosting this.

I would also like to thank all the other contributors without whom this event would not take place.

If you want to know what other products are available check out their website @ http://www.fecksphilosophy.com/

Following a PM from Whizzer informing me I had won, I contacted Markus at Feck's and a couple of days later this package arrived.

Which on opening revealed these.

A Deluxe Wash Mitt, Profesor Plush drying towel and a hanging air freshener.

Air Freshener

Firstly the easy one, its a hanging air freshener, and it lives up to its name.

It does a great job of hanging and an even better one of freshening.

See.

Now I'm not a big fan of hanging air fresheners partly due to horror stories I have read about them damaging plastic but more because I dont like things moving in my eyeline to distract me.

However when I was a kid, which admittedly is a long time ago now so some of you may not remember this, I was a huge fan of HubbaBubba chewing gum and this smells exactly how I remember it.

To give Feck's credit their packaging addresses both my concerns with precise instructions about not letting the item touch surfaces or obstruct the drivers line of sight.

Given the amazing smell I just had to find somewhere to use this and it now resides in my passenger footwell hanging from a carpet clip under the dash.

Unfortunately the downside to this is it doesnt show off the Feck's logo which I was particularly taken with.

Deluxe Wash Mitt

Next on to the Deluxe Wash Mitt.

As you can see from the second picture above this arrived in a protective plastic bag with the rather smart Feck's logo on a sticker adorning the outside.
Unlike the Professor Plush reviewed later the packaging contains no care instructions.

This isnt a problem as to be honest mitt care should be common sense and a quick look on the website reveals that to be the case as this is what they have to say :-

"Rinse your genuine lambs wool wash mitt with clean, cool water thoroughly after each use and allow to air dry. Do not machine wash"

Feck's have the following to say about this product :-

"The plush pile draws grit and grime away safely, ensuring that your paintwork is protected whilst washing.
The soft cotton cuff and handy thumb compartment ensure comfort and control in hard to reach areas"

I have used a number of lambs wool mitts in the past, however my first impression of this was how incredibly soft it felt.

My existing mitt felt like a mangy cat in comparison and has since been relegated to exhaust tip duty.

The amount of suds and water the mitt can hold is very good allowing a wing to be completed with one dunk, although I always go over again for good measure.

The pile of the wool is very dense and I have had no issues with strands detaching from the mitt or getting caught behind the lettering on my bootlid which was an annoying trait of my previous mitt.

In use the mitt feels incredibly smooth and slick and inspires confidence that you are treating your paint as gently as possible.

When I first saw the mitt my thoughts were that with it having a thumb hole using it would be one sided, however I can report that the mitt is plenty big enough to fit on my big hands either way and doesnt slip off the hand if you dont use the thumb grip.

I have read concerns about the hanging loop possibly causing marring and despite it being extremely soft I cut it off after this pic as I wasnt confident in the ability of Mrs holdi's pegs to keep it attached to the drying line after use.

Price :-

The Deluxe Wash Mitt costs £12.99 but is currently on offer at £10.99 which makes it an absolute steal.

http://www.fecksphilosophy.com/produ...uxe-wash-mitt/

Would I use it again?

Absolutely, as already stated it has relegated my previous mitts and this is now used exclusively.

Professor Plush

Finally onto the Professor Plush drying towel.

As you can see from the second picture above this arrived in a protective plastic bag which unlike the wash mitt contains a seperate card with care instructions on the reverse and that smart logo adorning the front.

The care instructions are as follows :-

The Professor Plush requires washing before first use.
Machine wash separately on low setting at 30º with non-bio liquid detergent, spin and hang out to dry naturally.
Do not tumble dry.
Do not use fabric softener.

As the weather at the time was terrible I proceeded to give the towel its pre-use wash and hung it in the garage on a maiden to dry.

This is one of the reasons why this review is so late in coming, it took forever to dry !!!

Seriously though, i was mightily impressed as despite the cold weather which was the main reason for the length of time it took to dry this indicated to me exactly how much water this towel was capable of absorbing.

Feck's have the following to say about this product :-

"Professor Plush is the big brother of our ever so popular H2O Deluxe. For those who prefer a bigger size and deeper pile, this towel is for you.
The generous 50cm x 80cm 1200gsm deep pile spec allows for even more water absorption and ensures effortless drying. It doesn’t get safer than this!"

The specs of the Professor Plush are listed below:

- 50 x 80cm in size.
- 80/20 blend of Polyester and Polyamide.
- A high density 1200 GSM (Grams per square meter).
- Very high pile, more so than the H2O resulting in an extremely soft towel.
- Double layered with suede bordering.

I pinched the above from Brian1612's review as I couldnt find this info on Feck's website.

Brian's reviews are always top notch so I have no doubt about the authenticity.

One thing to mention is the double layering, this has been very well done as unlike for example a double layered foam waxing pad you cannot seperate each layer and the whole towel feels like it is one complete piece.

I laid the towel out on my roof and although not quite as large as my previous go to towel it covers almost a quarter of my roof.

I then patted the towel gently and removed and there wasn't a drop of water left to be seen.

I have a number of drying towels in my possesion and to be honest have not experienced linting from any of them although I have read reports that other people have.

I can report that having used this towel now a number of times I have not experienced any linting whatsoever and it's still as plush and absorbent as the day it arrived.

Price :-

The Professor Plush costs £12.99 which is comparable with many drying towels out there and given the quality is again a steal.

http://www.fecksphilosophy.com/product/professor-plush/

Would I use it again?

Again, absolutely. I have used this several times since this review. You can never have enough drying towels especially if you sometimes have a number of family cars to do.

However having a bunch of towels means you can keep the best one, which in my opinion is this one, for exclusive use on your own pride and joy.

Conclusion

As you may have guessed I have been mightily impressed with Feck's products, so much so that I have purchased other items from their range since and will continue to do so.

I would recommend their products to anyone in the market for new items and with the Detailing World discount code FPcrew15 they are excellent value for money.

Finally a big thanks to Markus once again for Feck's generosity and best wishes for success in the future.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dholdi For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (26-04-2017), MarkusF (29-04-2017), OvEr_KiLL (26-04-2017), WHIZZER (27-04-2017)
Old 26-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
Brian1612

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,044 Posts
Great write up mate and glad you had similar experiences of the fecks products as myself. Always get a little nervous reading another persons review on a product I have gave an opinion on already

I really like the look of that mitt, does it suds up well on the panel?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
dholdi (26-04-2017), MarkusF (29-04-2017)
Old 26-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #3
OvEr_KiLL

Thanked 1,526 Times in 1,271 Posts
thanx a lot man, the drying towel is one beast! i have it and love it, very soft and absorbs water like nothing else love the fact that you cant pull it apart and i washed it in the machine with some microfibre stuff sprayed on it and it didnt seem to remove/loosen the glue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OvEr_KiLL For This Useful Post:
dholdi (26-04-2017), MarkusF (29-04-2017)
Old 26-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #4
dholdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Great write up mate and glad you had similar experiences of the fecks products as myself. Always get a little nervous reading another persons review on a product I have gave an opinion on already

I really like the look of that mitt, does it suds up well on the panel?
Thanks, I must admit getting a little flustered myself when your review popped up, and shortly after the threat of the ban hammer was wielded.
I remember thinking to myself, damn I have to review the same product, how am I going to follow that.
Its a really nice mitt to use, giving it a little squeeze from within mid panel releases a fresh batch of suds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dholdi For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (27-04-2017), MarkusF (29-04-2017)
Old 26-04-2017, 09:21 PM   #5
brooklandsracer
Orbital Oracle

Must say I agree with everything. I am a big fan of their products as they are great quality and make cleaning the car as easy as possible. You get A1 service and same day despatch and often a freebie thrown in. I have purchased the P.Plush and Mohican wash mitt as well as plush polish towel and microfibre cloths and air fresheners. If something is not great or crap I will call it but have found all products great and await new products now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooklandsracer For This Useful Post:
MarkusF (29-04-2017), OvEr_KiLL (26-04-2017)
Old 27-04-2017, 07:42 AM   #6
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 17,032 Times in 6,333 Posts
Garage
great write up thanks
Old 27-04-2017, 07:57 AM   #7
Brian1612

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
Thanks, I must admit getting a little flustered myself when your review popped up, and shortly after the threat of the ban hammer was wielded.
I remember thinking to myself, damn I have to review the same product, how am I going to follow that.
Its a really nice mitt to use, giving it a little squeeze from within mid panel releases a fresh batch of suds.
Think you done a really good review here mate I can harp on a little in my reviews, nice to read something that's a little less time consuming
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
dholdi (27-04-2017), MarkusF (29-04-2017)