Detailing World Forum banner

koch chemie advise needed

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  guth99 
#1 ·
Hi all just need some quick advise on koch chemie compounds and polishes.

Used h8 on a megs mf today on my golf r and got a loverly result, left me with little to no marring with all scratches and swirls removed.

I am planning on refining this tomorrow with m2.

The issue I am having is that compared to other compounds and polishes I have used there doesn't seem to be a clear sign that the compound has been broken up ?

Any one had any experiences with this who could offer some advise. ?

#2 ·
All Koch polishes have super long work times. With the M2 02 I would advise just to do a standard section set but on the last 2 or 3 passes just back off on the pressure and increase the speed a notch. You will see the lubrication of the polish weaken. Wipe off and job done. Stand back and smile!!!!:thumb:

#5 ·
Good advice above, as said I usually do around 4-6 passes with H8 then check the results and if I need a bit more polishing then I just carry on bit longer, it's hard to say how much you should do because it depends on how bad or what you are removing, but with M2 it to has a long working time so just do the same as before just with light downward pressure.

#6 ·
cheers chongo, h8 have a great result, had to hit some panels multiple times ! was really hard vw paint and was surprised how little It was taking off. I was doing around 6 passes with h8 which was working nicely.

So will try similar with the technique above.

Cheers

#7 ·
cheers chongo, h8 have a great result, had to hit some panels multiple times ! was really hard vw paint and was surprised how little It was taking off. I was doing around 6 passes with h8 which was working nicely.

So will try similar with the technique above.

Cheers
What pads or pad have you got for M2? And remember to clean your MF cutting pad after every section pass you make and the same with your finishing pad.:thumb:

#10 ·
once again, thanks for the advise, is the white cg pad the best with m2 or should you go for a green pad ? also any suggestions on a cutting pad for use on the smaller da since megs mf pads are no longer available in the 3' sizing, I have tried the orange cg hex pad but just doesn't feel as good as the megs mf pad. ?

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.