Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > Garage/Product Collections
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Garage/Product Collections Post your Garage or Product Collection pics here....

Old 01-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #161
VIPER
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,887 Times in 3,577 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsh View Post
As for the door insulation...

Would a seperate bi-fold arrangment be too much of a faf?
Light wooden frames with kingspan, a bit like window shutters hinged on each side?

each panel would be about 650mm wide and provide a decent U value if it was nice and snug to the door when shut

I'd not really thought along those line and it's something I could possibly look at as an option. I have a temporary solution at present which is some Antinox 2mm protection sheets that are hung from supports with insulation on the side touching the door and that does work in a similar way to your suggestion. But if I can I still think I'd prefer something that was stuck to the door and became part of it so it's less of a job whenever I need to open the door. I reckon there's space to accommodate something when it's all rolled up as it'll only be a few mm thick after all, it's really just what to bond it to the door with. I'm thinking contact adhesive, but with it being a fairly large area, there's only so much 'working time' before you need to get the two halves together. More thinking time needed on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhali View Post
Very nice set up . How did you mount those F1 car models ?
Thanks bud Just a pan head screw into the wall then a corresponding hole and slot on the underside of the cars - a bit like what's on the back of a wall clock or the reverse of a multi-plug mains extension cable, so it's push on and pull down to lock the screw head behind the slot so it can't ever drop off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer02 View Post
Looks Great mate, love the carport/washbay

Jealous of your space

Keep the updates coming
Thanks matey Will do. I picked a couple of cheap white bookcases to put the models and my concours trophies in the other day but not assembled them yet. Also a cantilever toolbox to keep a few essentials in on my mobile 'maintenance trolley' I keep at the front beside the door - just in case I need to work on a car outside, I'm not constantly back and forth fetching stuff from the workshop, I can just wheel that out and I've got pretty much everything I need.

One of the next jobs is wiring in the twin outside sockets (bargain I thought at 9 quid odd from Screwfix) in the car port so I can then make (or buy) a cabinet to keep the pressure washer in and a few other bits 'n' bobs and some sort of LED light in there.

Last edited by VIPER; 01-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.
VIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #162
olliewills
Washmitt Meister

Garage
There is so much win in this thread I can't even describe it! Never mind what you put on the walls, that garage is a work of art in its own right!

EDIT:

The moment I posted this I thought to myself, "why does calling that a garage feel almost like an insult? It's a workshop, or a car salon or something, not a garage."

Last edited by olliewills; 01-01-2018 at 09:14 PM.
olliewills is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to olliewills For This Useful Post:
VIPER (05-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #163
VIPER
Distinguished Detailer

Garage
Thankyou very much I have to say, the overwhelming positive comments I've had about my new garage makes the work involved so much worth it.

Few more updates coming up

Cheers all
The Following User Says Thank You to VIPER For This Useful Post:
Palmer02 (06-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #164
VIPER
Distinguished Detailer

Garage
Not a great deal happening right now, but thought I'd just pop a few pics up anyway.

Got my bookshelf up inside the former window space (under that F1 grid wall art) so I've somewhere to put the few models and trophies I have. Hopefully more to add there in the future.

And that mobile tool trolley I mentioned, which has pretty much everything needed for basic maintenance if I need to work on a car outside or in the adjacent car port. Only thing I need to add to this are some larger rubber casters (at least 75mm ones) as the current ones are too small and hard plastic wheels.

And although this is a garage thread, I found time to fit the RamAir induction kit to the BMW recently, so a few pics of that and the XR2's bay and underside. Loads to do to that car before I show again - in fact the eagle-eyed will spot its fuel tank in the corner there lol.

Cheers for looking,
Viper
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VIPER For This Useful Post:
Jue (07-01-2018), Rodriguez (07-01-2018), slim_boy_fat (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 12:11 PM   #165
Fentum
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,519 Times in 879 Posts
Utterly stunning! What a wonderful space.

I'm shamelessly going to plunder this thread for my garage build, always assuming I can get any builders on site...

Peter
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fentum For This Useful Post:
VIPER (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #166
LeeH

Shiny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeH For This Useful Post:
VIPER (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #167
andyfish
Washmitt Meister

Thanks for this: a thoroughly enjoyable read from start to finish.

Mega impressive work fella.

As a teenager I was completely in love with the XR3i and XR2 (a love that eventually led to my mk3 Focus RS): any chance we can see more of that gorgeous XR2?
andyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andyfish For This Useful Post:
VIPER (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #168
Cy-Zuki
PC Perfectionist

Garage
One word:- stunning!
Geoff
Cy-Zuki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cy-Zuki For This Useful Post:
VIPER (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 03:21 PM   #169
VIPER
Distinguished Detailer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfish View Post
Thanks for this: a thoroughly enjoyable read from start to finish.

Mega impressive work fella.

As a teenager I was completely in love with the XR3i and XR2 (a love that eventually led to my mk3 Focus RS): any chance we can see more of that gorgeous XR2?
Thanks very much (and to others' comments, too

I have to make a confession at this point (and this is probably not helped by a chunk of the photos at the start not appearing due to 'the photobucket fiasco' of a few months ago). All I've done here is fit out the inside of the place. Reading through some of the other threads on here, I am humbled by those of you who are actually building your garages from the ground up. I'm awed by a lot of what I see on here. Okay I built the car port on the side, but as for actually constructing the main building, well, let's just say I'm glad I'm not tackling that from scratch!

The XR2? yeah, I'll take some more shots and post up, but as I said, it's not where I want it to be yet and very much a 'work in progress'. The wheels it's sat on are only temporary (purely serving to keep it up off the ground really lol), the brakes, again, are a temporary set up being the pretty feeble stock size and a much larger 4-pot set up will be going on it. Engine wise I want to replace all the cooling system with new Samco 'classic' matt black silicone hoses and an Airtec polished alloy rad, then a pair of Weber DCNF 40 carbs will be feeding it. Those who admire all things OEM might not like what I've done here, and my concours wins at Ford Fair etc. in the past have been in the modified classes, but the whole ethos here is a bit like what Singer do with their 911 'reimaginations' (if you're not up to speed with those, do yourself a wee favour and check out their gallery of 911s). Basically; improve what needs improving but don't go too far and always keep the core of the original car at the forefront.....and put it all together with the precision of a Swiss watch. I probably ought to have a separate thread for the cars though, so as not to go too far OT with this thread.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #170
Forsh

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER View Post
I probably ought to have a separate thread for the cars though,

Bring it!

Singer 911 = dream car!
I'd love to order a Singer Wigan

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote