Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 15-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
chrisnasah
Unwashed Member

which wax to go for?

Hi,

Getting my new car delivered tom and not sure what wax to go for?

Initially i wanted to do a ceramic coating but unfortunately budgets not good for the moment having had to purchase GAP insurance etc.

So its a pearl red car, what wax shall i go for? Are swissvax good or just overpriced stuff same as others?

Thanks
chrisnasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #2
LewisChadwick7
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,357 Times in 943 Posts
whats your budget? what you looking for? all out gloss or durability or a balance of both? what size pot you need? give us a bit more to work with
LewisChadwick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
chrisnasah
Unwashed Member

i am looking for balance for both, i still starting out so something that would get me started for now.

Any good ones with reasonable pricing?
Old 15-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
Gixxer6

Is your car brand new or new to you? Reason I ask is that most insurances will replace your car with new if your car is written off within the first year (fully comp ins) for example: http://www.gocompare.com/car-insuran...acement-cover/
and https://www.lv.com/car-insurance/new...lacement-cover
You might not even need GAP insurance, which means more money for detailing goodies
Did you buy GAP insurance from the dealer? Dealers are usually around 200% more expensive for GAP insurance than from an independent company like https://gapinsurance123.co.uk/ and https://www.click4gap.co.uk
[caveat emptor]

Regarding waxes, I wanted long lasting protection and have used both FK1000P and BH Finis in the past but with my new car I wanted something different so I applied BH Double Speed Wax to my car over a month ago and the paint is still looking good. It was very easy to apply and very economical. It's also cheap at £15 for 250ml pot and free delivery: http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...wax-cat13.html
(Durability: 6 months +)
Gixxer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gixxer6 For This Useful Post:
chrisnasah (16-12-2017), Zebra (15-12-2017)
Old 15-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #5
chrisnasah
Unwashed Member

it is brand new but current insurance don't fully cover. I went with ALA for gap insurance, dealer wanted £400+.

i was thinking of purchasing a polisher machine and see DAS 6 pro being mentioned a lot which is working at £99 from clean your car. Is this any good, what am confused whether it comes with polishing pads and which ones i need to polish in the wax.

Thanks
Old 15-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
Gixxer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnasah View Post
it is brand new but current insurance don't fully cover. I went with ALA for gap insurance, dealer wanted £400+.

i was thinking of purchasing a polisher machine and see DAS 6 pro being mentioned a lot which is working at £99 from clean your car. Is this any good, what am confused whether it comes with polishing pads and which ones i need to polish in the wax.

Thanks
It depends, you can buy just the polishing machine or a kit, the £15 off offer is for the machine only http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=207877
If you buy just the machine it only comes with a velcro backing plate and no pads.

I have a DAS 6 Pro machine but opted to buy my own pads (CG Hex White, green, and red)and polish (Sonax EX 04-06). I didn't want the whole CG Kit that was on offer.
Gixxer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxer6 For This Useful Post:
chrisnasah (16-12-2017)
Old 15-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #7
chrisnasah
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer6 View Post
It depends, you can buy just the polishing machine or a kit, the £15 off offer is for the machine only http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=207877
If you buy just the machine it only comes with a velcro backing plate and no pads.

I have a DAS 6 Pro machine but opted to buy my own pads (CG Hex White, green, and red)and polish (Sonax EX 04-06). I didn't want the whole CG Kit that was on offer.
I am thinking to go with BILT HAMBER DOUBLE SPEED-WAX which is £17 on amazon so is here for tomorrow. On the comments i can see it comes with the applicator and also the micro fibre for buffing.

Being new to this, would it be easier with a machine or is that best left for polishing and not applying wax?

Thanks
Old 15-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
LewisChadwick7

Thanked 1,357 Times in 943 Posts
I have a few that are very good tbf and perform very well for their price tags, soft99 fusso is a decent one that should last 6+ months easily with the right prep and wash routine, BH DSW, colli 476s/845 & FK 1000p also get very good reviews and all can be picked up for sub £25 and offer great results and performance
LewisChadwick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LewisChadwick7 For This Useful Post:
BradleeBennett (29-01-2018), chrisnasah (16-12-2017)
Old 15-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #9
dave-

I like dodo hard candy £25 for 250ml.

Spread it very very thin and get familiar with good timing to get it off.

Don't do the whole car and go back to the start,

Do like 2 or 3 panels and then go back while its still fairly easy to buff off.

Don't let it go rock hard, its still durable even if you don't wait all that long
dave- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dave- For This Useful Post:
chrisnasah (16-12-2017)
Old 15-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #10
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Have a read of this .
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
chrisnasah (16-12-2017)