Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 14-11-2018, 04:44 PM   #11
-JJH-
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesyxr View Post
Ceramic has been the buzz word for some time but i'm still on the fence weighing up the positives and negatives. I can see the benefits for wheels, glass, etc, but i'm not sold on paint protection.
Here in Finland coatings are becoming quite a big thing, especially our local brand 'Korrek' is gaining popularity with their new Pro-range of products. IIRC, the high-end Korrek Cure treatment is advertised to last app. 5 yrs in harsh nordic winter condition (not saying it does, that's what they advertise).

But to me, coatings do feel a bit like 'cheating'. By this I mean, that can one call him/herself an enthusiast detailer, if all you do is paying 3rd party to install a coating and then keep pressure washing your ride for few years? Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the more hands-on waxing approach, though as a dad for a small daughter I do appreciate the fact that time is a limited resource.

But then again, looking another aspect of my life: I also prefer to listen to music with my ancient His Master's Voice 101, instead of CD's or Spotify. Maybe I am just old-fashioned ie. old fart

-JJ-
-JJH- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #12
bighead
Unwashed Member

If you want the ultimate paint protection ....then go for the Ngenco Protect paint protecton.
bighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #13
jonesyxr
Unwashed Member

Its been a manic couple of weeks but the ST is finally detailed and well protected - no Ceramic as such on the body work. Let me explain. I found a detailer close to me who represents Shine Supply. Up steps Mike at Shine Supply UK. Fast forward a few emails, calls, on-site visit (only 10 minutes from my front door) and numerous testimonials, I plumped for a 2-stage enhancement detail. As I hadn't heard of Shine Supply I was a little hesitant but Mike and his small team did an outstanding job. A Full Multi stage decontamination including wash, iron particle removal and clay bar to start. A panel by panel enhancement with a range of pads, compounds and polishes before application of 'Cherry' silica wax with a sealant of 'Clutch' which is their silica based sealant. Lug nuts polished and the freshly refurbed and powder coated alloys treated to a 'Beadlock' ceramic coating as well as the calipers. The attention to detail is fantastic, just hoping the pictures do it justice!

Voila!

jonesyxr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonesyxr For This Useful Post:
Wilco (28-11-2018)
Old 27-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #14
matty.13
PC Perfectionist

Car looks great .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matty.13 is online now   Reply With Quote