Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Kranzle
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-02-2018, 06:52 PM   #1
zoid9969
Sponge Jockey

Servicing a (nearly) 10 year old machine - needed or not?

I have a K1150T which almost a decade old now. In that time it's performed faultlessly, and the only thing I've had to do to it is replace the hose when it started leaking when it was worn (and that was two years ago).

I've only ever changed the oil once (using the interval recommended in the manual) and that's it. It gets bashed around a bit, covered in dirt and grime and it just keeps on going regardless.

With some things (like expensive Swiss watches) the manufacturer recommends getting them serviced every five years. Do Kranzle also recommend getting power washers serviced? Mine is getting on a bit, and whilst I'm not particularly worried about it going wrong, it might be worth it for peace of mind, if nothing else.
zoid9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

Whilst I expect all the main components to be perfect inside the machine, I’m sure there will be some O-rings and seals which have aged and could do with replacing. To help avoid a future breakdown / loss in pressure I would recommend getting the machine serviced.
Kranzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kranzle For This Useful Post:
zoid9969 (21-02-2018)
Old 21-02-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
zoid9969
Sponge Jockey

Thank you very much for the response.

Do I need to get it serviced by Kranzle UK, or can an authorised dealer do the necessary work? I see that you're in Southend - I'm in the West Midlands, which is a fair old trek and the box got chucked in the bin years ago. I'd imagine shipping would be fairly expensive.
zoid9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 10:32 AM   #4
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

Carriage on a machine that size would typically be about £15 to get it to us and £13.50 for the return, but there is always a chance of the machine getting damaged or lost with the couriers. If you phone in and give us your postcode we can have a look and find the local servicing dealer for you. Then you can either drop the machine off safely with them or possibly even book it in for a service while you wait.
Kranzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kranzle For This Useful Post:
zoid9969 (24-02-2018)
Old 23-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #5
Croques
Washmitt Meister

Garage
There's an old engineering adage that says 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. If you can bear knowing there will come a time when it doesn't work. And you can deal with the sudden downtime of your machine; I might wait until you really notice the pressure loss, a leak or whatever. Its all money in the bank.
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote