Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Gaming Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Gaming Zone Console Gaming, On Line Gaming in fact Electronic Gaming Lets be having you in here...

Old 29-08-2018, 08:33 AM   #21
ollienoclue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Project cars is good, Forza 6 will be better. I have Forza horizon and it is utterly insanely gorgeous.

The basic starter shooters are undoubtedly Half life 1 and 2 along with Call of Duty: modern warfare.

Stalker is ace but don't play it without the 'Complete mod'. Start with Clear sky and play them in order, download the complete mod for each after patching them (not needed for steam versions).

If you want a real time strategy game you need Dawn of War 1 with the ultimate apocalypse mod.

Arma 3 is a dedicated mil-sim shooter I actually prefer Red orchestra 2 for multi player these days.

Crysis 1 I have a wicked arsenal mod that gives you the ability to carry a lot more weaponry and ammo, even has a nuke launcher.

Crysis 2 I have with a little mod that give you a lot more energy to use with your suit, it really does make you a lot more super human without being overpowered.

Half life 1- just don't play it without downloading the black mesa mod, which totally overhauls the base game and gives it graphics more akin to half life 2.

Very good fun are zombie shooters like Dead island and Killing floor 2.

With your CPU and graphics card you will be able to play virtually anything on near maximum settings if your monitor is only 1080p resolution. It is when you get into multiple displays and 4K that the graphics horsepower requirement gets silly.

I would not go mad buying stuff on steam, pick a few from this thread, and then wait for the others to come on sale, steam is full of sales, you can buy games with huge discounts applied and get good solid gaming for virtually nothing in the right sale.

Last edited by ollienoclue; 29-08-2018 at 08:44 AM.
ollienoclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 11:01 AM   #22
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollienoclue View Post
I have Forza horizon and it is utterly insanely gorgeous.
Im a PS4 fan but also have a decent gaming pc and was thinking of forza horizon. Is it still populated and are the players ok or just more of the troll fraternity that just want to ram you off the road
Andy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 11:05 AM   #23
GleemSpray

Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

Superb.

Reminds me of my days of hiding up the top of a sloping tree in Vietcong and spending the match popping people off with a sniper rifle, well before the days people started flying etc and i was exposed.
Good old fashioned camping is a much underrated skill lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #24
ollienoclue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1972 View Post
Im a PS4 fan but also have a decent gaming pc and was thinking of forza horizon. Is it still populated and are the players ok or just more of the troll fraternity that just want to ram you off the road
I have not played for 6 months, when I was on there it was well populated and hard very few instances of people trying to ram me etc.

Forza 6 might be better.
ollienoclue is offline   Reply With Quote