Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 13-07-2018, 06:46 PM   #1
Baba850r
Unwashed Member

Talking Recommend me a been machine and backing plate

Hi long time lurker and only just joined.ive used a porter cable da and g220 da in the past I stopped detailing about 5 years ago and just getting back into the scene.
Ive still got the PC but it vibrates more than Id like and Id also like something with a bit more power.
Im also going to get a mini something like the shine mate rotary kit for the tighter areas but Ive been struggling to pick between the rupes 21,15 both mk2 and the flex 3401.
I had thought of the flex with 5 backing pate but cant see any backing plates then Ive read on here one person says flex one rupes 15 next guy says 21.
So in 2018 what is the best all rounder?does the rupes finish a lot better than the flex?
Slightly swaying towards the 15 as I hope it would be best all rounder?enough power for hard paint but workable in countoures and smaller door panels than the flex or 21.
Whose got what and your views please.
Baba850r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #2
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba850r View Post
Hi long time lurker and only just joined.ive used a porter cable da and g220 da in the past I stopped detailing about 5 years ago and just getting back into the scene.
Ive still got the PC but it vibrates more than Id like and Id also like something with a bit more power.
Im also going to get a mini something like the shine mate rotary kit for the tighter areas but Ive been struggling to pick between the rupes 21,15 both mk2 and the flex 3401.
I had thought of the flex with 5 backing pate but cant see any backing plates then Ive read on here one person says flex one rupes 15 next guy says 21.
So in 2018 what is the best all rounder?does the rupes finish a lot better than the flex?
Slightly swaying towards the 15 as I hope it would be best all rounder?enough power for hard paint but workable in countoures and smaller door panels than the flex or 21.
Whose got what and your views please.
I have just sold my Rupes Mille which is the force drive DA. Good machine but not for me. I'll be getting the 15 MK2 is the Rupes Rotary. Not decided yet!

Rupes MK2 is the most common choice as it's the best to use!
The 21 will be fascistic for the the big flat panels but you will need to compliment it with the Rupes Duetto or the Rupes 75 for the smaller areas.

Rob
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 12:05 AM   #3
Baba850r
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
I have just sold my Rupes Mille which is the force drive DA. Good machine but not for me. I'll be getting the 15 MK2 is the Rupes Rotary. Not decided yet!

Rupes MK2 is the most common choice as it's the best to use!
The 21 will be fascistic for the the big flat panels but you will need to compliment it with the Rupes Duetto or the Rupes 75 for the smaller areas.

Rob
What was wrong with the Millie?i will be using the porter cable with a 3 pad still and also most probably the shinemate mini rotary with a mix of 1-3 pads.
The 21 would be great for large panels just not sure how practical with the longer throw.
Has anyone went from flex to
Rupes or visa Versa?
Baba850r is offline   Reply With Quote