Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 13-07-2018, 11:16 PM   #11
JR1982
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,206 Times in 967 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CHAMP View Post
I am in the building trade and in recent years most types of power tool has become available in battery powered. The only tools that I own that are battery are just a pair of drill drivers these will last all day on a full charge no problem. most of the other battery tools require a lot of power to maintain a constant performance and the tool mentioned will be very power hungry and soon slow down after just 10 minutes I would much sooner plug a mains powered polisher in once use it on a job knowing it will not slow down and start to under perform after all a polisher is all about have constant speed to perform well.
I don’t have any issues with any of my Milwaukee battery kit, my 18volt circular saw will run all day at a constant speed (due to the electronics inside) on one battery doing joists and flooring and even when pushed hard cutting ply sheets for shuttering it still completed the job easily, the only issue I had was battery got hot so had to switch while it cooled down but I was cutting 4no. at a time 1/2 thick sheets into strips of four. Compared with 8 or so years it’s a massive improvement as my dewalt 24volt saw would be dead after 30 mins. And just for reference my impact driver and drill used to get charged once a week when I was fitting kitchens, they now last six months between charges as I’ve now moved into management.
JR1982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 11:40 PM   #12
Derek-Eddleston
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CHAMP View Post
I am in the building trade and in recent years most types of power tool has become available in battery powered. The only tools that I own that are battery are just a pair of drill drivers these will last all day on a full charge no problem. most of the other battery tools require a lot of power to maintain a constant performance and the tool mentioned will be very power hungry and soon slow down after just 10 minutes I would much sooner plug a mains powered polisher in once use it on a job knowing it will not slow down and start to under perform after all a polisher is all about have constant speed to perform well.
I chuckled to myself when a couple of builders got out a 36 volt Makita Impact Driver and proceeded to cut through very old concrete with a 4" chisel. They finished the whole job in about 30 minutes and the machine didn't slow up at all. The new range of battery tools is very impressive.
Derek-Eddleston is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek-Eddleston For This Useful Post:
JR1982 (13-07-2018)