Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

View Poll Results: What woudl you use?
Autoglym HD Wax/EGP 33 20.37%
Collinite 476S/FK1000P 44 27.16%
Mother FX Synthetic Paste/Chemical guys Wheel Guard 1 0.62%
Sonax BSD/Sonax PNS 49 30.25%
Diamond Kote Gold/Daimond Kote NanoCrystal 4 2.47%
Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer 5 3.09%
Other 26 16.05%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #11
Sheep
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 772
Thanks: 495
Thanked 490 Times in 252 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
I would like to see a sealant test so Sonax PNS against EGP, FK1000P, EXP and Diamond Kote Nanocrystal. You could test these against a wax too, maybe Finis Wax as this won the wax durability test.
All the above products can be tested, I was more concerned if a lot of people wanted a bunch of other products tested that I didn’t have listed.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #12
stangalang
king of the flexonian
 
stangalang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: saddleworth, greater manchester
Posts: 12,089
Thanks: 7,556
Thanked 10,404 Times in 4,881 Posts
Garage
That do you want to see?

Tests done properly, with a clear goal to achieve something that makes sense.
stangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 05:14 AM   #13
Sheep
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 772
Thanks: 495
Thanked 490 Times in 252 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangalang View Post
Tests done properly, with a clear goal to achieve something that makes sense.
You mean like my past tests?

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=327618

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=356476
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 06:47 AM   #14
A&J
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
A&J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Location Location
Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 492
Thanked 1,165 Times in 849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R30 View Post
Have you got any rinseless or waterless wash products that you can test and demonstrate?
This might help

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=385833
A&J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #15
Sheep
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 772
Thanks: 495
Thanked 490 Times in 252 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Sheep
Well it seems we're close to 100, so once my back heals (pulled a muscle, not in detailing condition), I'll get the test underway!
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 01:37 PM   #16
ReyIndividual
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Autoglym Super Resin Polish + Extra Gloss Protection

Hello everyone, apologies for being slightly off topic. I have been reading lots of posts for advice but since this is a current poll I thought I'd ask this question here: how long does the combination of Super Resin Polish + Extra Gloss Protection last? Also, what can I expect with Extra Gloss Protection on its own in terms of durability? Thanks
ReyIndividual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #17
Sheep
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 772
Thanks: 495
Thanked 490 Times in 252 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyIndividual View Post
Hello everyone, apologies for being slightly off topic. I have been reading lots of posts for advice but since this is a current poll I thought I'd ask this question here: how long does the combination of Super Resin Polish + Extra Gloss Protection last? Also, what can I expect with Extra Gloss Protection on its own in terms of durability? Thanks
I'm actually running that on one of my cars right now (SRP by hand plus 2 coats of EGP). I'm about 2.5 months into it or so (applied end of April, early may). It's definitely fading, but it is still sheeting water off. The beads aren't as tight as they were when new, but it's beading still. Car has covered roughly 4500kms in that time, and been washed maybe 3 or 4 times. The weather during this period has been mainly sunny. Washes have been done with the 2BM only, no foam, and it has seen 1 or 2 touchless car washes (can use slightly harder soaps than normal car wash soap).

Stay tuned, this test will be starting tonight!
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sheep For This Useful Post:
Adamv (20-07-2018)
Old 20-07-2018, 10:39 PM   #18
Adamv
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Essex
Posts: 64
Thanks: 55
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
I'm actually running that on one of my cars right now (SRP by hand plus 2 coats of EGP). I'm about 2.5 months into it or so (applied end of April, early may). It's definitely fading, but it is still sheeting water off. The beads aren't as tight as they were when new, but it's beading still. Car has covered roughly 4500kms in that time, and been washed maybe 3 or 4 times. The weather during this period has been mainly sunny. Washes have been done with the 2BM only, no foam, and it has seen 1 or 2 touchless car washes (can use slightly harder soaps than normal car wash soap).

Stay tuned, this test will be starting tonight!
Interested in this as i have been using this for years and get about 3 months out of it. I've stretched it to 4 months using britemax spray and shine after every wash.

Last edited by Adamv; 25-07-2018 at 07:25 AM.
Adamv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors