Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #111
SteveTDCi
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,441 Times in 2,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
I'm going to phone Blackhorse when I get home. I ran the HPI check today and it doesn't match what I'm told.

I was told no finance. No finance turned to a little HP as he has owned the car for 4 years.

The HPI check shows he's had the car for 2.5 years and it's on a PCP.

With the balloon payment plus the rest of the instalments it's not going to be a small amount.

Unless I get some proper answers soon I'll need to walk away.
Walk, i always found i got a sick feeling when going to view certain cars, 90% of the time i was right and came back on the train without them. There is zero reason to lie about finance when selling a car, if things just don't add up then move on.
SteveTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveTDCi For This Useful Post:
Derekh929 (05-11-2018), slim_boy_fat (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #112
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,677 Times in 4,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies View Post
Good grief. That guy sounds as dodgy as they come.

I think you've just proved that a little due diligence is a good thing when spending your hard earned cash.

Hope you get sorted. I've a nice black 2004 ford focus tdci If you're interested.... I promise there's no finance on it.. Lol

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It hardly needed much checking. The lies were just falling apart day by day.

I wasn't so sure he was being truthful of being half owner of a detailing company either. He's not listed at companies house and the company list him as head detailer. Not exactly the title for someone who owns half the business.

His phone number checked out to him. His old company also listed his parent's house as his address. It was the same as where the car was kept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTDCi View Post
Walk, i always found i got a sick feeling when going to view certain cars, 90% of the time i was right and came back on the train without them. There is zero reason to lie about finance when selling a car, if things just don't add up then move on.
I wouldn't say I gave him the benefit of doubt, but I was looking for plausible reasons for things not adding up.

When you tell lies, get things wrong and still can't be truthful when pinned in a corner there's something not right.

Back to Autotrader when I get home. A Megane RS I liked has sold today. The other one I was putting an offer on has also had a deposit put down on it.
Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kerr For This Useful Post:
Cookies (06-11-2018), SteveTDCi (05-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 12:29 AM   #113
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

I'm really struggling. I genuinely struggle to find something of interest without spending silly money.

My midlife crisis might have to start a year earlier.

Can anyone inspire me with something interesting?
Old 10-11-2018, 06:55 AM   #114
MrG47
Washmitt Meister

Glad you walked away. Too many things not adding up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #115
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
I'm really struggling. I genuinely struggle to find something of interest without spending silly money.

My midlife crisis might have to start a year earlier.

Can anyone inspire me with something interesting?

Not sure on costs, but have you thought about another Z4, but maybe a ‘normal’ one or are you after something a bit different as the previous put you off or properly sporty or ???
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:53 AM   #116
scooobydont
PC Perfectionist

I have a an E85 3.0i Z4, its not advertised for sale but was going to wait till the spring and put it up if you are interested in a another Z4:

scooobydont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #117
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

I don't think I would do another Z4 coupe. It's a box ticked even for a short ownership.

The Z4 market is actually dead just now. The same cars have been on sale for ages and many are very overpriced.

I don't think a convertible would be a sensible winter choice.
Old 15-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #118
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Still not organised anything and still sharing the Mini. Not much of interest has popped up, then I need this, need that and soon enough a car I'm buying short term ends up more expensive than planned.

I have learned that the current Mini Cooper S remaps very well. The engine remaps to just shy of 300bhp. I'd guess too much else will need addressed with that power hike.

I did put an offer in for this, but the it was sold by the time the salesman got back to me.

It was a 12 plate with all the options. Bose stereo, sunroof, adaptive lights, radar cruise, nav and nice leather.

It was the 4wd drive version with new all season rubber fitted. It has the engine out of the Nissan 370z and the drivetrain from the Nissan Skyline GTR R34 apparently.

Hard to believe so much car as an approved Infiniti, with a full year Infiniti warranty, was up for £7795.

Half thinking it might be worth lasting things out until the end of the year now? Hopefully some dealer needs to make sales figures and has to move cars.

Last edited by Kerr; 15-11-2018 at 09:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerr For This Useful Post:
Cookies (15-11-2018)
Old 15-11-2018, 09:21 PM   #119
SteveTDCi
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,441 Times in 2,120 Posts
I think i had a diesel one of those as a hire car..... it was ok but i expected more comfort, the ride was firm as were the seats. I was dissapointed, i think it had the merc diesel ...

I'm thinking of changing the clubby, I looked at the F54 but they are 20k for a used one and i find they look a little awkward from the front, the 8 speed auto and remap does appeal, i'll get our F57 done at some point. So current line of thinking is a Focus ST3 around 15k.

I'm off to Autotrader to find you something
SteveTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 09:31 PM   #120
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTDCi View Post
I think i had a diesel one of those as a hire car..... it was ok but i expected more comfort, the ride was firm as were the seats. I was dissapointed, i think it had the merc diesel ...

I'm thinking of changing the clubby, I looked at the F54 but they are 20k for a used one and i find they look a little awkward from the front, the 8 speed auto and remap does appeal, i'll get our F57 done at some point. So current line of thinking is a Focus ST3 around 15k.

I'm off to Autotrader to find you something
The reviews are positive for the G37x. It stacks up well against the S4 and 335i with the autobox being a bit slower. A similar S4 or 335i as an AUC would be around double that price.

I've shortlisted a few ST3s. They sell well by the looks of it. There's a Mountune one near me that hasn't sold.

I even shortlisted an Pug 208 GTI. Well specced cars can be had for good money. They surely can't keep going when it's cheap access to 200bhp hot hatch ownership.