Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Old 19-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #11
woodycivic
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGWRX02 View Post
My local Kingsway garage (before they went commercial vehicles only) always used these hard plastic tools on my alloys and when they removed the centre caps on my Range Rover 2 of them the metal trim covering the plastic cap had come unstuck. So he handed them to me showing what happened and said he would rather not fit them back in case a trim fell off so at least he was honest and upfront, it was only due to age the two pieces came apart. I just applied some glue when I got home, kept them clamped together in a g clamp over night and pushed them in the next day. No more issues after that.
If they had been honest and said something similar to me id have accepted it and taken the hit, it is 10 years old this year so plastic does become brittle. Its the fact that they blatantly didn't give a toss and didnt say anything that annoys me more than anything else.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
woodycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #12
woodycivic
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian6984 View Post
I read recently in another post on the forum that ATS go round with you and inspect for damage before hand to ensure any existing damage is noted and use plastic or rubber coated tools, if true sounds like they may take care, anyone got any experiences?

I can only think of two places locally to me that i trust, one is an actually small garage (tyres, brakes etc sort of place) I told them to please be careful as they are refurbed in a unique colour and the company that did the refurb has gone out of business so no chance of getting a colour match.

The other is a self employed chap who works from home who i was put in touch with from a family member.

Got a feeling next time Fiesta goes for tyres the tracking needs doing so will need to be left on car rather than fitting the spare set and refitting myself as garages over doing nuts with airguns is another massive thing that annoys me. Cannot tell you the lengths I've had to go to to get a wheel off due to this
The irony, the branch I went to didnt do this thats for sure!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to woodycivic For This Useful Post:
Christian6984 (19-08-2018)
Old 21-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #13
woodycivic
Sponge Jockey

Garage
UPDATE

I recieved an email from blackcircles yesterday apologising for the experience we had and offering to refund the cost of a new wheel cap provided we sent over an invoice showing the amount paid.

I duly bought an official one from a toyota spares store on ebay last night and forwarded the receipt onto black circles.

They also said they would be taking up the complaint with the manager of the branch.

Just waiting on confirmation of my refund now for the new wheel cap.

I must say the black circles service has been very good and prompt.
Old 21-08-2018, 10:55 AM   #14
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodycivic View Post
UPDATE

I recieved an email from blackcircles yesterday apologising for the experience we had and offering to refund the cost of a new wheel cap provided we sent over an invoice showing the amount paid.

I duly bought an official one from a toyota spares store on ebay last night and forwarded the receipt onto black circles.

They also said they would be taking up the complaint with the manager of the branch.

Just waiting on confirmation of my refund now for the new wheel cap.

I must say the black circles service has been very good and prompt.
Glad you got it sorted, lesson learnt for next time, as mentioned these places get paied pennies for the fitting and usual don't give a **** , I often by tyres from online retailers get them delivered to mine and find a fitting place that will take care of my wheels, I ring up and ask can you fit tires without damaging my wheels, I am lucky to have found a place that fits tires to refurbished alloys so they CANT damage them, its usualy 10-12 a tire but worth it for peace of mind
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #15
riskypicker
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Its pretty decent that BS sorted it despite it technically being the fitters issue.

The disclaimer next to where you sign your name on the Blackcircles invoice upon collecting the car states something along the lines of - signing to say youve inspected the work carried out BEFORE signing. So by signing that piece of paper and driving off i dare say legally you've accepted the work was carried out and all was well.

I actually had some done yesterday via BS and when i saw that, i went outside and checked the car first before signing. The surprise on the receptionists face suggested that isnt normally how things happen.

I was looking for marks on the alloys primarily but checked the locking nuts were back on and the key back in the boot and the centre caps.
riskypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #16
sshooie
Orbital Oracle

I had a pug 407sw years ago, it was on it's first set of tyres when I took it for new ones.

All sorted until the centre cap fell out similar to yours, except.. they were centreless wheels and they had deliberately knocked them out and stuck them back on with double sided tape.
sshooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #17
washingitagain
Unwashed Member

Had an issue a few years back when had 2 new tyres fitted. I got home to wash the car (and wash all the tyre gunk they leave all over the tyre wall) I noticed a big chunk out of one of the tyres. Drove it straight back and the service manager tried to tell me I’d kerbed it since leaving. I had to kick up a right stink for them to order in a new tyre and replace it. I always check now before I drive away although I do feel like ‘that bloke’ who checks but I’m not prepared to get ripped off!
washingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #18
tosh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingitagain View Post
Had an issue a few years back when had 2 new tyres fitted. I got home to wash the car (and wash all the tyre gunk they leave all over the tyre wall) I noticed a big chunk out of one of the tyres. Drove it straight back and the service manager tried to tell me I’d kerbed it since leaving. I had to kick up a right stink for them to order in a new tyre and replace it. I always check now before I drive away although I do feel like ‘that bloke’ who checks but I’m not prepared to get ripped off!
You have to take a bottle of Degreaser and a Microfibre now to the tyre fitters - before you move your car off, clean all their tyre soap off and inspect for damage. Yes, you become 'that guy'. I take my own pressure gauge as well.

I once drove my car in, and started cleaning the wheel faces BEFORE they took them off, and again when they were done. They were already clean, but I made a point of doing it in front of them.
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote