Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 14-11-2018, 10:29 PM   #21
JR1982
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,252 Times in 1,007 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiPhil View Post
I’m new to this! My collection so far:
(No laughing guys!!)
Attachment 55484

You guys have some great collections! I’ll add to mine as I see fit, I’m sure there will a few Black Friday bargains that catch my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with that collection, but be aware it will grow quickly and your pockets will soon be empty
JR1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JR1982 For This Useful Post:
AudiPhil (15-11-2018)
Old 14-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #22
Kenan
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyk3d View Post
Heres my little collection.

The two unlabelled pots at the bottom are panel pots of Nova Glow and Shadow Sport Legend. The Shadow Sport Legend was created by Mat @ O.C.D for a company but never went into production as he closed his doors beforehand.

Have you used the Nova Glow or the Winter Special? Have both in my collection but unused

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Kenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 12:50 AM   #23
Bulkhead

Garage
Some very nice collections there. I do have a question though: assuming that these are personal collections and not part of a professional's stock, do you actually get to use them all and rate them objectively? I only ask as I tend to buy waxes or sealants when I need them. I had the same 100ml pot of SNH for a few years and it has only recently been replaced with Fusso coat. That should see me through for another couple of years. I do still have old pots of Dodo Rubbish Boys JE, FK1000p and Vic's Red but that's it. The exorbitant price of waxes over here only adds to the issue. I don't want to get into the 'which one is better' argument and there is certainly no criticism; rather the reasoning behind purchasing so many.
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bulkhead For This Useful Post:
stonejedi (15-11-2018)
Old 15-11-2018, 12:59 AM   #24
spyk3d
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan View Post
Have you used the Nova Glow or the Winter Special? Have both in my collection but unused

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
The Winter Wax won’t be used as it’s for my O.C.D Waxes collection. I have a 50ml panel pot of Nova Glow so will most likely use that, when I get a chance.
spyk3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #25
stonejedi

Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulkhead View Post
Some very nice collections there. I do have a question though: assuming that these are personal collections and not part of a professional's stock, do you actually get to use them all and rate them objectively? I only ask as I tend to buy waxes or sealants when I need them. I had the same 100ml pot of SNH for a few years and it has only recently been replaced with Fusso coat. That should see me through for another couple of years. I do still have old pots of Dodo Rubbish Boys JE, FK1000p and Vic's Red but that's it. The exorbitant price of waxes over here only adds to the issue. I don't want to get into the 'which one is better' argument and there is certainly no criticism; rather the reasoning behind purchasing so many.
It’s like anything in life “what ever floats your boat” Lol....I use all my wax’s on my cars and my wife’s cars,friends cars etc....plus it all depends what I want to try out at the time as the saying goes “variety is the spice of life”or something like that Lol... it’s like my trainers my wife is always telling me do I really need another pair of Jordan’s as I have so many already at least 7 pairs that’s never touched the tarmac Lol,but if I have the money to purchase something without jeopardising my everyday bills then why notI will eventually get around to using my stuff.SJ.
stonejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonejedi For This Useful Post:
Black Magic Detail (15-11-2018), macca666 (15-11-2018)
Old 15-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #26
kylehastings1
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
ive used all of my waxes at least one time, I did have a tub of Anglewax but ive finished that, hallway through my autoglym wax as well, I doubt ill finish all of these waxes in my lifetime haha but I enjoy trying new products.
kylehastings1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #27
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,363 Times in 4,445 Posts
Wow how many cars do you own, I would love to see your fleet you are waxing, do you use your wax for other stuff other than cars?
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 05:16 AM   #28
Mikej857

Thanked 1,232 Times in 788 Posts
Garage
Quote:
I have several waxes that will never be used purely because they are one off and can't be replaced but then I have some that are well used and standard versions of the 'special' pots

Its my one vice in life and I get enjoyment from the anticipation of the delivery, sad I know but I get pleasure from it in my old age and the enemy let's me do it without any moaning which is unusual

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Mikej857 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikej857 For This Useful Post:
Crackers (17-11-2018), stonejedi (17-11-2018)
Old 23-11-2018, 10:57 PM   #29
midas
Unwashed Member

Garage
I was thinking this myself, why would we have a 'collection?'

I think it is for several of the above comments mixed together. For me, I always try to better the finish, so it is natural progression. Sometimes if the product isn't too expensive like Fuzzo you can buy them as and when.

While certain products work on certain colours better then others.

To cut to the chase, I also seem to have inadvertently got my self a bit of a collection. Not something I set out to do, but due to them lasting quite well and not being patient enough to empty one to buy it's replacement.
midas is offline   Reply With Quote