Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Shampoo
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
cossiecol
Moderator & Reviewer

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,835 Posts
Detailingworld™ Lite Review - Farecla G3 Pro Body Prep Shampoo

Firstly thanks goes to the team at Farecla for sending the shampoo out to review.

About Farecla:
"Farécla Products Ltd is a UK, family-owned company, manufacturing surface finishing products which are used on a wide variety of substrates. From compounds and applicators, to paint cups and microfibre cloths, Farécla has provided surface finishing solutions to automotive bodyshops, valeters, boat builders, wood workers, composite manufacturers and other industrial applications since 1952, now in over 120 countries.

QUALITY ASSURANCE

Our scientists use only the best quality raw materials. Our proprietary formulations are manufactured under tight control to deliver reliability and consistency from the first drop to the last.

LABOUR SAVING

The bespoke Engineered Abrasive Technology we use in our formulations achieves a faster cut rate which delivers a final finish requiring less time and fewer steps.

COST SAVING

Our technology achieves a better result than competitors whilst using less product, improving productivity to deliver greater value to our customers.

PERMANENT RESULTS

Our products deliver a superior and permanent high gloss finish avoiding the risk of drop back and the need for reworks.

Whatever the advances in paint technology, you can be sure that Farécla will remain at the forefront of surface finishing innovation."

The Product:

The shampoo arrived well packed and in a good quality bottle which is ergonomic in the hand. The way the bottle is designed means that it's easy to hold even when the gloves/hands are wet. I'd like to be able to give you a description of the scent of the shampoo however I just can't place it. It's not an off-putting scent by any means, it smells quite clinical, unfortunately that's the best I can do on the scent.

What Farecla Say?
"The G3 Body Prep Shampoo will mobilise surface contaminants to leave cars thoroughly clean and prepared for renovating, scratch removal or waxing. Its concentrated low-sud formula allows you to check the surface as you are cleaning

Removes loose debris and dirt
Prepares surface for effective application of paint renovation and wax products
Safe and effective for all paint types
As used by professionals"

The Use:
The test subject for this review was the good lady's Kia Venga which had not been washed in some time! As per my standard routine the car was rinsed then snow foamed and left to dwell, rinsed then washed.

The directions which were listed on the bottle were unfortunately not to my taste - I'll expand.

"Directions
1. Squirt a small quantity into a bucket of warm water and mix well" - As I was not sure what a "small quantity" was in relation to the size of the bucket (25ltr) or the state of the car, I went with the standard of 30ml, the buckets were also filled with cold water.
"2. Apply with a clean sponge using a circular motion - I won't get into a debate on the merits of a sponge V's a wash mitt/pad, however the incredimitt was used for this review and in straight lines not a "circular motion".

Using 30ml of shampoo generated a lot of suds which lasted well:

The suds transfer to the paint was also very good:

However the above being said I found the shampoo to be very grabby and did not glide over the paintwork as I would have expected, now the reason for this could have been as simple as this is the body prep shampoo and a different type of shampoo in the range might have produced different results.

The shampoo itself performed very well and clean the car as I would have expected:

Price:
The body prep shampoo is available from various stores (this price is from Halfords - which is listed as a stockist) and prices are excluding p&p and any discounts available:
500ml = £7

Would I use this again?
Honestly no, I just found it a bit too "grabby" for my taste. However if you were looking for a shampoo to use for a deep clean prior to correcting this may be on your list.

Cossie's verdict?:
A well priced shampoo which does what a shampoo should and cleans the paintwork, for me it misses the mark in terms of slickness on the paint, however it cleans well, generates good suds and has an acceptable scent so may be worth considering.

Thanks for reading, as usual if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Cossiecol

"DW has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "