Detailing World Forum banner

Complete Newbie After Advice Please

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Blueberry 
#1 ·
As title says, just bought a DAS6 Pro which came with Sonux SFX 1 to 4 pads and 4 bottles of Menzerna.
Now let me say that before I touch my new car with anything mechanical I am going to arrange a Training Day with Matt (stangalang) at Obsidian Detailing.
After that for 2015 all I want to do is enhance the look and reflections as the car has minor swirls and scratches.
I'm going to buy some Scholls S40 and Matt has suggested M101 and 205
I like the reviews on the LC HT pads so what coloured pads would you recommend and is there any other products I should be considering.
I have 4"; 5" and 6" backing plates
Any advice greatly appreciated
Thanks
Dave

#7 ·
DAS 6 pro is a lovely machine, you will really enjoy it. S40 is a nice polish as well, very fine perfect for removing swirls - after S40 it's nice to go with the DA and a non-abbrasive pre-wax cleanser along with a finishing pad with no cut to get a super smooth finish ready for a glaze or a wax.

#9 ·
I am a fan of the hex logic pads and know stang like his LC pads you cant have enough pads

I would get 5.5 inch and 4

Orange closed cell Contruction
White closed cell structure
black is closed cell construction

As good starting point for DA use I prefer the denser pads for DA

Reactions: camerashy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.