Detailing World Forum banner

Machine Polish Vinyl Stripes

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AllenF 
#1 ·
My brother recently bought a blue Fiesta s1600. I was going to give the car a full wet sand but was wondering if it's possible to machine polish the vinyl racing stripes on the car or what would people recommend to use on it?

I have some Gyeon Trim that I was going to apply but due to Gyeon Mohs having a longer durability I wanted to apply that but wasn't sure if it would bond with it?

#2 ·
I've used Menzerna PO85RD / SF4500 on a finishing pad with DA on Mini Cooper stripes several times to good effect.

You do need to check whether it's coloured or printed vinyl though as the printed ones are not as durable and you will see pigment come out as you wipe down, so slow and steady on these.

#3 ·
I've used Menzerna PO85RD / SF4500 on a finishing pad with DA on Mini Cooper stripes several times to good effect.

You do need to check whether it's coloured or printed vinyl though as the printed ones are not as durable and you will see pigment come out as you wipe down, so slow and steady on these.
Hmmm I dunno how I will know the difference between the vinyl type, but thanks for the reply!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.