Detailing World Forum banner

Quietest, smoothest DA machine?

11K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  matt1234 
#1 ·
What are people's feedback on the various DA machines? I have the Kestrel DAS-6 and I find it quite noisy with a fair amount of vibration.

Are the DAS-6 PRO or Meguiars G220 V2 any quieter and/or smoother?

#40 ·
Holy Thread Revival: I have been reading this thread as I am having thoughts about buying my first machine polisher.

I do fully accept that any mains powered, spinning, vibrating thing is going to be noisy, but quietness of operation would be a big consideration for me

Is the Rupes still considered the quietist DA out there ?

#42 ·
I have got a rupes 21 and rupes 12 and a flex 3401. I always go for my rupes. It's the better machine in my eyes. The flex vibrates a lot compared to the rupes and is louder. The rupes is quiet and super smooth. The rupes has corrected everything that I have thrown at it.
I don't mind the flex for refining paint. But for correction work I use the rupes. I used the flex the other day for correction but soon put in back and grabbed the rupes. I just couldn't deal with the vibration of the flex.
If you can afford the extra then go for a rupes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.