Detailing World Forum banner

Quietest, smoothest DA machine?

11K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  matt1234 
#1 ·
What are people's feedback on the various DA machines? I have the Kestrel DAS-6 and I find it quite noisy with a fair amount of vibration.

Are the DAS-6 PRO or Meguiars G220 V2 any quieter and/or smoother?

#16 ·
for smoothness you want a festool Shinex 125,

you can get a shinex 150 aswell if you like to use 6" pads on the DA.. personally I prefer the 5" pads..

the shinex 125 is small enough you can use it with one hand, and almost zero vibration

#20 ·
for smoothness you want a festool Shinex 125,

you can get a shinex 150 aswell if you like to use 6" pads on the DA.. personally I prefer the 5" pads..

the shinex 125 is small enough you can use it with one hand, and almost zero vibration
Totally agree with Craig on this, the Rotex 125 is a superb, albeit expensive, DA. However, the cost is justified by the legendary Festool build quality, fit and finish.

Wish I hadn't sold mine! :(

Alan W

#18 ·
Just my 2 penneth, I have a standard Das-6 and to be fair if it got much more quiet, even at the higher revs with decent pressure I'd be worried I wasn't applying enough pressure and could possibly end up tearing through a pad and causing damage.

Each to their own though, but don't really find them too loud or too harsh to use, but then I'm a :censored: God!!! :lol:

#21 ·
Have owned das 6 , megs g220, das 6 pro and megs g220 v2.

All noisy and vibrate, currently on a das 6 pro again. theres not much in any of them tbh, das pro has the most grunt imo so im sticking with this although the g220v2 is smoother but not by much so not worth more money imo

#26 · (Edited)
So you'd say the DAS-6 Pro is the best DA then? I know it's £50 cheaper than the Megs G220 V2.

Compared to the original DAS6, does the Pro vibrate a lot more and is noisier? How much smoother is the G220 V2?

Obviously I'd like the Flex 3401 but it is very expensive!!!

#30 ·
Hi RobDon, after trying a Das 6 and a Megs G220 I found I could not use either due to suffering from arm/hand vibration syndrome, after a couple of passes the vibration from both machines made my hands start to seize up. I got to try a RUPES LHR 15E on saturday and the differance was night and day, its a very smooth and quiet machine compared to the others. I was so impressed with it I placed an order straight away. If you want to know more about this machine speak to Phil at Shinearama.Hope this helps
Des

#35 ·
Have a look at the Festool Rotex 150, it's available with a 130mm BP and can do both random orbital and forced. It's not bigger than e.g. DAS-6 PRO and in opposition to the Rotex 125, the 'air-stream' canal can be removed, which it great in tighter spaces.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.