Detailing World Forum banner

How Often Do You Use Your DA

5K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  ITSonlyREECE 
#1 ·
As title please and what is its main use, paint correction, applying glaze, wax etc
Thanks, just bought one and interested in its main uses
Happy New Year to all
Dave

#14 ·
Had mine since about May last year, did the Coupe with it, then the daily (Black Hole & black Hex logic), did Dads mudguard & tank on his TigerCub resto project, then my mates Coupe for the NEC in November.

Worth having though, planning full session on the daily this year when the weather gets better.

#17 ·
When i finally get my DA tomorrow I'll be using it quite a lot as we have a few cars in the family, and will be looking to do some friends and families cars as long as they are paying well ;-)

Used my rotary about 3 times in a month before now to apply polish and to get those deep swirls out!

Once your hooked I cant put it down lol

#18 ·
What pads do people use for applying wax, and I'm guessing its on the lowest speed setting? Are there any pro's for using a DA for it or just because it's easier?

I've always avoided it because once the pad is covered in wax it hardens and I don't like running it across the paint again.

#19 ·
I use mine all the time from full paint correction to applying a glaze on my daily.

Well worth getting one, i find it alot easier to work with, and certainly less tiring than working by hand.

The only thing i dont use it for is to apply wax but everything else ill use it for

#22 ·
Use mine for polishing glass , and correcting paint, polishing paint, applying glaze wax and sealent so I use mine quite a bit considering my old car had soft black paint and my new to me car is 20 years old and also has soft jap paint and the body work reflects that so I'm working though it slowly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.