Detailing World Forum banner

Applying glazes

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dode 
#1 ·
Is it worth buy a machine polisher just to apply glazes? I dont think the paintwork on my car is that bad to need correction and tbh Im a bit worried I make it worse :confused:

I have read a lot of posts and watched youtube videos but I just seem to get more confused about the whole process the more I read

#2 ·
Is it worth buy a machine polisher just to apply glazes?
imh I would say yes. Some glazes like CG Ez creme, glossworkz, and prima amigo come to life when used by machine. I personally use a blue hex finishing pad with the mentioned glazes and it brings the paint to another level after polishing. Thats just my experience though, some may say its perfectly acceptable to apply by hand.

#3 ·
Absolutely, it's worth having a DA for glazing and applying liquid sealants. Soft pads, product goes further and I always feel it enhances the finish.

With a DA and soft pad you can't make it worse. In fact something like Prima amigo by machine is just superb.

Seeing as you're in Perth I could bring a machine and some amigo to you to play about with first - once the weather is over with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.