Detailing World Forum banner

Scrap Panel and DA

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  chongo 
#1 ·
Just done a bit of practising today with my DA.
Scratched a scrap panel with some sand paper then used a LC HT Polishing Pad with Megs205 there was a slight improvement but not much.
Then tried the same pad with Menzerna 2500 this time there was less evidence of the scratches but they were still visible at certain angles.
So what would you recommend I try next please to remove the scratches completely (if that's possible) I have Menzerna 500 and a few Sonax pads SFX1 to 4 and a LC HT Finishing Pad
Also, once the scratch is improved would I then need to go over it again with a Finishing Pad and Megs 205
Thanks
Dave.

#3 ·
Thanks for your help.
I used some DIY sandpaper D150 fairly fine. The scratches were about 6" long and my work area was less than 18" square.
I take it the Menzerna 2500 is stronger than 205 so wonder if I should now try a better cutting pad with the 2500 before moving to the Menzerma 500.

#4 ·
#7 ·
If from a body shop, it could have been respray which could affect what you our doing. As for pads, try c/guys pads white pad with 2500 or orange pad 2500. Split the panel with masking tape,in half clean the surface as norm, complete as above, if your not happy, try your 500 orange pad then finish with a finishing pad and polish .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.